Polaris ATV Forum banner

stalling out after 10 minute ride

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Russ C 
#1 ·
Hi all! I just bought a 95 trail boss 250 2x4 2 stroke. It has been running well since i bought it. The starter isn't working so i have been pull starting it. About a week ago the rip cord tore and i retied it just as it was just shorter. But since i retied it the slack is much worse and it won't fully retract once it is running. Also, after about a week10 minute ride it will make a clicking grinding sound and stall out. Do i need a new pull start or is it something worse? Thanks for looking and your responses

#3 ·
So i was able to fix the recoil after i found a manual. Took it for one ride and it was fine. Then i took it for another longer ride and about 20 minutes in it did it again. I'll be going and this sort of clicking noise starts to get louder and then it gets really loud and stalls out and can't start until it's cold again. The oil pump is leaking and I'm thinking that there isn't enough oil getting in to lube the cylinder properly. Any ideas? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.