Polaris ATV Forum banner

700 Sportsman 05 Code 41 & 45

33K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Tsachmo 
#1 ·
My bike keeps throwing the codes 41 & 45, anyone know what this is?

#8 ·
Hey!
I have a 2005 sportsman 800 showoing code 45 only. Most common feedback is the wiring harness or T-BAP. My bike and other feedback that thier bikes were stalling/dying somewhat randomely was a symptom. Could operate for a day or a couple of hours and no problem then suddenly it would die. Let set for about a half hour and could go again for a while......or as little as ten minutes and die again. I found that the longe I let it sit, the longer it would run before stalling again. Sems like a heating and cooling roblem that could be wire related...but.....
So, wondering if you had the same stalling issue....should help narrow down the cause and solution.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Blink code 45

I had blink 45 a few years ago and actually found the intake manifold tube was cracked. the tube is made from hard rubber that after a few years of heating and cooling it got stiff. My air box mounting tabs have been broken for years which ultimately led to the intake tube flexing and cracking.

To isolate a possible crack lightly push down on the intake tube while the bike is idling if the engine falters and runs rough, remove the intake and inspect the manifold tube for cracks.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.