Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Wheels & Tires

ATV Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #26919
Talking Green slime!!!!!

Hey everyone I just saw a program talking about the product "Green Slime". Just wondering if anybody has used this stuff in their tires? On the commercial they drilled holes in the tires and that stuff seemed to fill the holes rather quickly. Seemed to work well there, just wondering if there are any real stories to go by??
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #14376
Here is one that green slime didn't work on.......

Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #26919
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post
Here is one that green slime didn't work on.......

Yea I can see why it didn't work on that. But at least you were able to fix it with a "Slim Jim" LMAO.

On a serious note...... Do you use it on your tires?
Old 07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #14376
I used it in the OEM tires on my wifes 500 before I put the Bighorns on it. Other than that, no, I don't use it. The picture I posted here is the first flat I have had in 4 1/2+ years of riding and nothing would have helped that one. I don't think I would trust that tire on any trail riding, it was just more of an experiment to see if I could stop the leak. It is holding air now, but it is only sitting in my garage. Haven't ridden on it, I've got my Bighorns back on for now.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #23647
I don't care for it. Nasty stuff if you have to break a tire down to repair it properly. Bob, yours reminded me of one we did about 15 years ago. I wish I had a pic of the one, big sidewall cut on a tire on a full size blazer. We sewed the gash shut with bailing wire, tire plugs and cement to get it off the trail. The spare was already on.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #23200
I use it and like it...have not had a flat yet with it
Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #26919
Not as much input as I was hoping for. Seems like its about 50/50 on who likes it, and who doesn't. I guess I will have to make the decision on my own.

The input is appreciated as always.

Thanks once again everyone.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #17089
I have been debating it myself, Where I ride the brush sometimes punctures the tires with very small holes, I really dont need my tire having 20 sticks of slimjims in it.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #26919
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanJohn500 View Post
I have been debating it myself, Where I ride the brush sometimes punctures the tires with very small holes, I really dont need my tire having 20 sticks of slimjims in it.
Yea I really wish more people would have had some personal experience with the product. I have talked to a few people that use it for their car/truck tires and seem to like it a lot. And could only assume that you would get the same results in an atv tire. But who knows.

I bought some 28" Zilla tires. I got them at such a good price that I bought an extra tire and rim for a spare. So that I am not out for the whole day if I do blow one out. But I don't want to have to use the spare for a tiny hole I could have prevented using green slime. If I get a big hole in the sidewall that will justify using my spare.

You might want to keep an eye on this post for the next couple of days to see if it gets anymore feedback.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #26919
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenbradbury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanJohn500 View Post
Yea I really wish more people would have had some personal experience with the product. I have talked to a few people that use it for their car/truck tires and seem to like it a lot. And could only assume that you would get the same results in an atv tire. But who knows.

I bought some 28" Zilla tires. I got them at such a good price that I bought an extra tire and rim for a spare. So that I am not out for the whole day if I do blow one out. But I don't want to have to use the spare for a tiny hole I could have prevented using green slime. If I get a big hole in the sidewall that will justify using my spare.

You might want to keep an eye on this post for the next couple of days to see if it gets anymore feedback.
I do have some plugs and an air pump in the event that I do get a big flat or maybe even two in one day. LOL

With this sport it seems you can never have enough "secret weapons" in the bag for every occasion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Wheels & Tires

Search tags for this page

atv green slime

atv tire green slime

green slime atv tires

green slime for atv tires

green slime for dry rot sidewalls

high lifter pro series tire sealant

highlifter tire sealant

polaris atv slime

slime

slime for dry rot mower tire

tractor wheels eps

who makes polaris tire sealant

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.