Kenda Bearclaw HTR questions - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Wheels & Tires

ATV Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member Premium Member

Member #14376
Kenda Bearclaw HTR questions

Hey guys, looking for any and all reviews, good or bad, on the Kenda Bearclaw HTRís. What little Iíve been able find has all been good, but no one has followed up with any long term thoughts or reviews. I know everyone loves their tires when new, but after some miles, opinions can change.

I bring this up because Iím not too far off from replacing my PB Rockers. No way I will pay that much for another set of tires for my ATV. The price is up to $850 for the size I want to move up to. Iím looking to go to a 28Ē tire, and Iím finding the choices a bit limited. Bighorns only 28Ē tire comes only in 28x10x14 and I donít know that I would like a 10Ē wide tire on the front. About $600 for a set. I slapped my 26x11x14 Bighorns (exact same size as my 26.5x11x14 Rockers) on the front yesterday and took it for a bit of a ride. The steering was difficult and it didnít want to track very straight. The only other offering for Bighorns comes in the 28x9 and 28x11 sizing, the size I want, but only in a Bighorn 2.0. Not happening!

I happened to stumble across the sizing for the HTRís and found that they make a 28x9 and 28x11 set in the 14Ē size, and the price is very reasonable at around $530 for a set. Thatís when I got interested and started looking for more info on them. It sounds like they measure a true 28Ē tall at trail riding pressures, around 5-6 psi. Now Iím even more interested, but as I mentioned earlier, Iím looking for more input from those who actually own them. Not necessarily in my size, although that would be nice, but just comments on how they perform in different conditions, how they wear and how they ride. Anybody owned Bighorns and HTR's both that could make that comparison? Any comments appreciated.

2011 XP 850 EPS (SOLD 3,600 miles), 28" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD2 Wheels, Warn XT25, Ricochet Ultimate protection, Elka Stage 1 shocks, QSC clutch kit
2009 Sportsman 500 EFI HO (SOLD 2,600 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch, Cycle Country plow (Wife's)
2007 Sportsman 800 X2 (SOLD 2,500 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #3544
Mine have been great so far. I have around 700 miles on them and the tread wear is great. We ride the roads around my place to get to a few riding spots, the fronts look almost untouched and the rears just have a little rounding on the lugs...I can get a few pics if you want.

My style of riding Is high speed trail riding on mostly hard pack and some sand, and I have to say these things work awesome. The ride at slow speeds is a little choppy which I found odd, but it could also be because of the reasons in the next paragraph. It almost feels like one of them is out of round.

The bad part is my first set which was ordered through simpletire.com were defective. 3 of the 4 wouldn't hold air for more than a week and they felt out of round, almost like a flat spot. But with that said, their customer service is top notch. I filled out the online warranty card on a Tuesday and had a full new set at my door that same Friday after a few emails back and fourth.

I still haven't gotten the new ones mounted yet, but hopefully they are not choppy and hold air for more than a week.
  • Quadboss 2" Receiver
  • Cecco Front & Rear A-Arm braces
  • ODI Rogue Grips W/ Red Clamps
  • 26" Bear Claw HTRs
  • Pelican Cases Front & Rear
  • Jccapri Full Bushing Set
  • Flexx Bars
  • 2" Rox Risers
  • Elka Stage 4 Shocks
  • Sirius Pro 10" Light bar
Old 02-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #32172
I've got about 500 or so miles on mine. I had 1 tire with a slow bead leak but after several attempts ( no charge ) by my local tire shop they fixed it. The tires are wearing very well IMO. I don't ride any tar to speak of. Well they do not excel at any one thing they hold their own in most conditions. Ride is smooth on hard pack at all speeds. Clean out well in moderate MN mud. Climb logs pretty good. And not bad for snow(plowing).
Never had BH. For the price I don't really think you could do much better.
CUSTOM REAR BUMPER
2500lb WARN WINCH
WARN PROVANTAGE MID
KENDA BEARCLAW HTR
POLARIS HANDGAURDS
KOLPIN 1.5 GAL FUEL PACK
QSC CLUTCH KIT

2012 SPORTSMAN 500 H.O.
ATV GURU FRONT BRUSH GUARD
3000LB SUPERWINCH
K&N FILTER
L&R REAR STORAGE

POLARIS HANDWARMERS
Old 02-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #48549
I know when I was tossing around the idea of the Kenda HTR's vs the Kenda Executioners, I was reading up about them from a few guys who have them over on the Can Am forums. They were saying that they really liked them and the rubber compound was really long lasting. I had stumbled upon that thread while looking under Google pictures.
LED headlight upgrade kit
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" (front)
Rigid Industries E-Series 6" (rear)
Rigid Industries A-Series (blue mood lighting)
To Be Continued.....
Old 02-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #32172
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronix79 View Post
............ The ride at slow speeds is a little choppy which I found odd, but it could also be because of the reasons in the next paragraph. It almost feels like one of them is out of round.
I had the same feeling. I brought the fronts in to Discount Tire and had them balanced. Problem solved.
CUSTOM REAR BUMPER
2500lb WARN WINCH
WARN PROVANTAGE MID
KENDA BEARCLAW HTR
POLARIS HANDGAURDS
KOLPIN 1.5 GAL FUEL PACK
QSC CLUTCH KIT

2012 SPORTSMAN 500 H.O.
3000LB SUPERWINCH
K&N FILTER
L&R REAR STORAGE

POLARIS HANDWARMERS
Old 02-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #47311
That is so funny, I was thinking of asking about these tires. I think they would be a great tire for the riding I do, mostly sandy roads and sand dunes with a little hard pack. They look like they will hook up great in these kind of conditions. I was looking to get them soon, but found that the 489 2 to be ok tires out there. I would not get them again but they are not too bad. Probably wait till these things wear a bit before getting new tires. I am interested to hear what people say about these tires though.
ok video, song is a little annoying
but you can see how the tire kicks sand like a paddle almost.

Last edited by Realthing66; 02-09-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #18402
I have about 4000kms (2500miles) on mine. 26/9/12 and 26/11/12. I really like them. Smooth, grip pretty good, wear well (75-80%) left..
I did develop an issue with the rears losing air. Could never find any leaks. Would go flat in about a week.
Filled out a warranty form with KENDA and had 4 brand new tires on my doorstep THAT SAME WEEK. I have since added a bottle of slime to each tire and they have stopped leaking. I haven't mounted the new ones, still running the old and will till their done.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #29461
I'm guessing you don't want to buy 15in rims, but EFX motoclaws come in 28x9 and 11.

2012 850xp eps
32" Sludgehammers -5"/2" lift -Turner eagles
MSA battles 5+2 - GSE filter/Pipe - Ranger Gears
HD springs -QSC clutch kit/ EPI HD belt
Heretic Lights -Front diff fix -Cecco frame braces
Jccapri bushings -Swaybar removed.

07 IQR 685 144
Old 02-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #3544
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppinpeelies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronix79 View Post
............ The ride at slow speeds is a little choppy which I found odd, but it could also be because of the reasons in the next paragraph. It almost feels like one of them is out of round.
I had the same feeling. I brought the fronts in to Discount Tire and had them balanced. Problem solved.
When the new set gets put on I'll be getting them balanced. I tried to get the shop that mounted them to balance them but they said couldn't do it their machine, I called a few other places and they all said the same.

I finally found a place to do it but they want $20 a tire to just balance. So I'm just going to wait and have the new set mounted and balanced there as its only $25...go figure.
  • Quadboss 2" Receiver
  • Cecco Front & Rear A-Arm braces
  • ODI Rogue Grips W/ Red Clamps
  • 26" Bear Claw HTRs
  • Pelican Cases Front & Rear
  • Jccapri Full Bushing Set
  • Flexx Bars
  • 2" Rox Risers
  • Elka Stage 4 Shocks
  • Sirius Pro 10" Light bar
Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #32172
Neither shop in my small town would try. Told me it was not needed. Drove 25 min to discount tire and they did it for free while I waited ( I buy all my car/truck tires there ). That will clear up the problem I would think for you. Mine took a lot of weight on both front. Did not do rears. Good luck!
CUSTOM REAR BUMPER
2500lb WARN WINCH
WARN PROVANTAGE MID
KENDA BEARCLAW HTR
POLARIS HANDGAURDS
KOLPIN 1.5 GAL FUEL PACK
QSC CLUTCH KIT

2012 SPORTSMAN 500 H.O.
3000LB SUPERWINCH
K&N FILTER
L&R REAR STORAGE

POLARIS HANDWARMERS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Wheels & Tires

Search tags for this page

bearclaw htr

bearclaw htr vs bighorn

how tall is the 28 bear claw htr

kenda bear claw htr 27 on polaris sportsman 800
kenda bear claw htr can am

kenda bear claw htr reviews

kenda bearclaw htr review polaris

kenda bearclaw htr vs maxxis bighorn

kenda bearclaw htr weight

kenda htr 28 vs 26
real height of bearclaw htr 26
yamaha atv with htr bear claws
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.