Polaris ATV Forum banner

Polaris Announces Limited Edition ATVs and Side-by-Sides

15K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  curly 
#1 ·
2011 Sportsman XP® 850/550 EPS-Pearl White

Additional features on the limited edition model include:

• Pearl White automotive-style paint
  • Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
  • Active Descent Control (ADC) and Engine Braking System (EBS)
  • Lock & Ride front storage box
  • 2500 lb. winch
  • 14-inch machined black cast aluminum wheels with Carlisle AT 489 II tires

2011 Sportsman XP® 850/550 EPS-Midnight Black Metallic

Additional features on the limited edition model include:

• Midnight Black Metallic automotive-style paint
  • Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
  • Active Descent Control (ADC) and Engine Braking System (EBS)
  • Lock & Ride front storage box
  • 2500 lb. winch
  • 14-inch machined black cast aluminum wheels with Carlisle AT 489 II tires

Pricing:

Visit the following URL's for more information on other Polaris LE models:

Polaris Announces Limited Edition Side-by-Sides - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

Polaris Announces Limited Edition Side-by-Sides - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum

See less See more
#5 ·
That pearl white is bad to the bone. 2 thumbs up with a twist. LOL

#8 ·
WOW, I just paid $8750 OTD for my orange. Cant see the $2K diff. I can buy alot of aftermarket stuff for that kinda pocket change. Unless thats a gold plated winch, thats the only diff I can see from mine to the LEs.

#9 ·
WOW, I just paid $8750 OTD for my orange. Cant see the $2K diff. I can buy alot of aftermarket stuff for that kinda pocket change. Unless thats a gold plated winch, thats the only diff I can see from mine to the LEs.
Keep in mind those are MSRP prices. Your Orange Madness has an MSRP of $9999........ That's only a $500 difference at MSRP which gets you a winch and a different paint scheme.

#10 ·
I know, I was preaching to myself. Im a little mad I didn't see this 2 weeks ago when I bought. So I was trying to justify it for my own pocket book. Not sure i wouldv'e choosen the white over the orange but still Id atleast like to have known about it.

#11 ·
Our '08 Model "T"

Just wanted to share pics of our 2008 pearl white LE. The color is what sold us on this model. It stood out from all of the others on the dealer's showroom floor. And it matches my wife's car!

IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/08TouringLE/DSC03321.jpg[/IMG

#15 ·
Canadian Prices

Interesting how we Canadians are invited to pay $2000 - $3000 more for the privilege of purchasing an American product.
Never mind that our dollar has been at par with the U/S for the last two years or so. In fact, it is currently worth 2 cents more that the mighty green back.
Not sure who to blame for it but I'm pretty sure we're getting screwed.
So much for the free trade agreement.
Hell I'll bet even the little Stars & Stripes sticker that was attached to the right rear fender was manufactured in China. Maybe that's the problem?

Now that my bitter tirade is over. That rear rack plate on the White 850 looks like a home-made one. Got any details? Not much room for storage on the touring models is there?

#16 ·
Klimbimm...You're right..that is a homemade setup. Like you and I suspect many others with Model T's, I found the rear "rack" left a lot to be desired. Not being skilled at metal/welding work, I decided to use materials at hand to solve the problem. I used a piece of 3/4" plywood cut and notched to fit the rear rack and clear the rear seat removal strap. I also had to notch an area underneath to clear a hump in the rack. I replaced several of the bolts holding the Polaris rack with longer metric bolts and washers that would hold the whole thing together. The tie-downs are cheap kitchen cabinet handles using longer bolts and washers to hold them in place. They are placed to match the tie-downs on our Tamarack bag. I added a few extra for other tie-down points. It has worked great for over 2 years now and I expect to get several more years of use out of it. I shared the idea with an individual on ATVQuadSquad and he took it a step further and built one out of metal. It looks really nice and sturdy. If I find someone locally that can make me one from metal, I'll do it, eventually. I've included a link to Picasa Web Albums where I posted a group of pics of our ATV and close-ups of the rack. They should give you a better idea and maybe you can improve on it. Let me know what you think..Gary in Westcliffe, CO. https://picasaweb.google.com/whisperingpine1/RearRackModification#

#17 ·
Excellent idea

An ingenious solution to the storage issue. Looks pretty decent as well.
I'm gonna give it some thought and see what I come up with.

Cheers,

#18 ·
Klimbimm...thank you. On that setup, the small handles and two large holes match up with the tie-down straps on the Tamarack bag. The other, larger handles give me places to attach bungees or other straps to hold small gas cans, etc. I also wanted to point out that I "modified" the Tamarack bag. The 2 side pouches were designed to attach to front of the bag which would work on a regular ATV seat. Because of the Model T's setup, I had to move them to the sides by moving the fasteners and resewing and pop-riveting them for strength. One bag is insulated and the other is not. We also have two smaller Tamarack bags, one for each fender. These are double bags, lined with plastic, like the large back bag, to give them shape. They also have 2 removable bottle holders attached to each one. I don't think these are available anymore. We also carry one or two small coolers on the front rack and a small gas can on the back rack, depending on the trip length. You can never have too much storage or extra food, water, and gas....Gary from Westcliffe...

This post has been deleted
#22 · (Edited)

Here is my Limited Edition bought in Canada for 12,000 OTD. It was only 500.00 more over a non limited. The black limited in Canada comes with painted gloss plastics, painted red suspension springs, embroidered stitching in the seat, the front storage rack (some dealers offer a gun case etc) and painted black rims.

I bought the front and rear brush guards as extra and the hand guards. That's a 119cc Husqvarna strapped on the back with a 3 foot bar if anyone wondering what the hell that is. Just bought the catvos 3" rake lift today and the 30" zilla tires. Should have them on in two weeks and I will post some before and afters. Let anyone know if I have any fitting issues. I will be putting the 30" zilla tires on my stock rims, supposedly I shouldn't have any problems, with or without the lift.

#24 · (Edited)
I believe this will work. I will have some more in two weeks, yesterday I ordered 30" zilla tires and Catvos 3", 2.5" rake lift and today I ordered 1.5" spacers for the front and 2.5" spacers for the rear. If I log out I can see the previous post's photo of my XP with stock tires. When I get everything put together I will post some more. The lift cost me 599.99 at Catvos plus 58.00 for shipping to Canada, the spacers total 325.00 from "Bike Bandits" and I have the zillas at the dealer for 830.00 installed OTD. In case anyone wants to do the same. I paid a little extra for the spacers....they are the EZ Dura Blue and they are made of urethane and titanium, stay away from the GL series unless you want to remove the old wheel nuts. Aluminum and steel together will corrode, they have a chemical reaction, not sure if there will be steel touching the spacers or not as my bike is at camp and I can't check, but for a little extra these spacers seem to be the premium choice and look to be painted as well. I have seen aluminum and steel corrode one too many times so didn't want to chance it, but then again the rims are aluminum so maybe I'm blowing wind up my stack, but I still feel better with the Dura Blue's. Anyway hope the pics work out.

#25 ·
Sharp looking machines.

I still would like to see them offer a regular bright gloss white in an 850 XP ATV. Like the White LE 900 RZR UTV.

The pearl white looks sharp, but it seems to change colors under different light, I just sort always liked basic bright gloss white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.