Polaris ATV Forum banner

1996 magnum 425

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cam101311 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone.
I have a question---from what atv carburator will fit to it and as a engine replacement --- what kind of engine I can put in without any modification.

Thanks

#3 ·
some sportsman and scramblers shared that engine carb set up....i think blueline can answer your question better. exactly what problems are you having?
and welcome!

#4 ·
Reg 1996 magnum 425

Hello. It was sitting outside for few years before i got it. Looks like some parts of carb are missing and looks like the engine is sized. I cant use manual pull since is very hard to pull and i do not want to break something. If will come to rebuild the engine and carb what engine and carb i can use from differrent models. Thanks

#5 ·
The carburetors on earlier Sportsman 500s are basically the same except for possibly smaller jets. I used a rebuild kit for a 2001 Sportsman 500 to fix my leaking 1997 Magnum 425. I believe the engines are the same as well other than the slightly bigger bore on the 500.

#6 ·
of your gonna replace the motor go with the 500 h.o. engine/carb! ive allready changed the carb,intake,and airbox over on my magnum (with the help of atvjunkie821) i also have a cylinder off of a 500 h.o. im gonna have bored and honed and swap over to my magnum also!....if your looking for more info search for the thread "425 magnum big power boost" by zsk !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.