Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Outlaw

Polaris Outlaw Discussions for the Polaris Outlaw 50,90,450, 525

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Member #12198
Outlaw 500 or Predator 500?

Hi Newbie from the UK

Looking to buy my first Polaris but can't decide wether to buy an Outlaw 500 or Predator 500.

I will be riding mainly road and trail tracks.

Heard that there is more maintanence require on the outlaw because of the IRS?

Is there much a difference in power between the two with the extra weight of the Outlaw?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:25 PM

Member #12209
I currently own both rides in question.

I can say this right off the bat, you cant make a wrong choice here, they are both outstanding quads. Both give me a grin from ear to ear from crank to park.

There is nearly no difference in the power or the acceleration of these quads. My wife and I have raced each other on them and every race is so close that there is very little other then who got a better start separating them.

Where you will find a diff, The solid rear of the predator allows it to slide around corners more freely then the IRS of the outlaw which want to plant the tires in every corner.
So if you like to slide the ass end around then you might lean towards the predator...
On rough terrain and steep inclines is where the IRS of the outlaw shines. It will make it up hills that most quads wont, and will beat to the top even those that will.
The IRS is a smoother ride much more gentle if you are the type to sit and ride vrs standing most the time. Its "almost" too gentle...

You best bet is to ride both of them. See which one soots your personal riding style better.

Best of luck and enjoy either of these FAST quad beasts...
Old 03-11-2011, 06:14 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #12861
Outlaw is the best choice!

I agree with Jaberwaki. They are both great machines. I own a 2006 Outlaw and I love it. I went from a 01 Yamaha Blaster to a 05 Suzuki King Quad 700 to my 06 Outlaw 500. And the Outlaw is my favorite. Well I would prefer my King Quad in deep mud or snow. The Outlaw gives you the best of both worlds. I have had mine in everything; mud, snow, trail, track. It is awesome at everyone. I love it on the track over some solid axle quads because the IRS allows for better smoother landings and gets the power to the ground better in my opinion. Also the extra ground clearance is awesome. It is really comfortable too. When I first bought it I was a little worried about how the IRS would be for sliding and cornering. Polaris has been making IRS quads for a long time and it really shows. I am not afraid to whip it around and I have never felt like I would flip it over. I have gone fast down the trail and spun it out and not once did I feel like I would flip it. There have only been a couple of times i have felt the tire bit too much but still it felt controllable.

In my opinion, I would get the Outlaw because it is more bang for your buck. You can do everything the Predator can but more and better. I have heard that the Predator has a taller 5th gear that allows it to go a little faster than the Outlaw. I have never raced one but the Outlaw is fast enough and for being a heaver machine I have kept up with 450rs, Raptor 700s, and even beat a Banshee in short races.

That is my two cents worth!
ProArmor Nerf Bars
ProBend Hand Guards with 55w Lights
Heated HandGrips
Trail Tech Endurance Speedometer

Current Quads
2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 EPS
2008 Polaris Sportsman 800 Touring
2006 Polaris Outlaw 500
2006 Polaris Scrambler 500 H.O

My Past Quads
2006 Polaris Outlaw 500
2005 Suzuki King Quad 700
2001 Yamaha Blaster 200
Old 03-12-2011, 05:39 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #12402
if i was going to get the the irs i'd get it in the 525 (so you can go fast lol) But the maintence shouldnt be much different had sportsmans all my life and never done anything different to them than i have my straight axle bikes. The best thing you can do is go out and test ride them and see which one feels best to you.
-baffle removed
-shaved fenders
-red neon lights

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Outlaw

Search tags for this page
difference between outlaw and predator
difference between polaris outlaw predator

outlaw 500 vs predator 500

polaris outlaw 500 vs polaris predator 500

polaris outlaw wiki

polaris predator 500 vs outlaw

polaris predator 500 vs polaris outlaw 500

polaris predator 500 wiki

polaris predator vs outlaw

polaris predator wiki

predator 500 vs outlaw 500

what is the difference between polaris predator and outlaw

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.