Polaris ATV Forum banner

Predator wont start

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  gottaroost 
#1 ·
Ok so my predator will not start when i press the start button. It will start only when i push start it or jump it with cables, i thought it was the battery, bought a new one, it wasnt the battery. Its wierd, I push started it, rode it for 15 minutes, turned it off but left the key on, so the fan would stay on, and it didnt stay like it used to. As soon as i connected the jumper cables the fan turns on, What is going on?? Pretty much my quad will only function if i jump it with cables or push start it. When i press the start button, theres not even a click or anything, its as if the quad had no battery at all.

#4 ·
so i was riding my predaor today and it just stalled third gear goin pretty fast. now the headlights work and the fan was still workin but the quad just wont start or turnover or anything. not even a noise click nothing. however it was ticking prior to it stalling out. anyone have any sugestions for me? im stumped

#9 ·
thats where im stumped. the starter shouldnt affect the way it rides. and also whhy would it just stall out on you.

DARKPHREAK, Yes he can push start it.

Theres only a window range of things if you say the headlights and all electric works except for the starting part.

#10 ·
Everything else worked on mine but it did not start, which is why I bought it for REAL cheap. Looked it over and found this plug was dirty/corroded and not making a proper connection... bent the pins down abit. Before fixxing that plug I could move it around and start the quad but then while the motor was running and I moved the plug it would stall out. This plug operates the EStart and the Off/Run/Off switch.

#11 · (Edited)
+1 Rectifier:::::I just recovered from an improperly grounded rectifier...mine was ziptied to the frame and created a host of problems (poppping, stalling, awful smell---thought it was going to literally explode)...including where the lights would come on brightly, but nothing at all from the e-starter.

ALL OF THIS WAS FIXED BY PROPERLY ATTACHING MY RECTIFIER. Brazosboy mentioned it to me on my post when I was having all my problems

So, maybe you can make sure yours is on tight and grounded properly. It is screwed onto the bottom of the battery compartment on my Pred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.