Polaris ATV Forum banner

Air filter

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  chronix79 
#1 ·
Looking at a new filter for the Scrambler. I have been using the stock paper filters with so far great results. I did 400 miles in the UP of Michigan this weekend and it was dusty! I had put in a new filter prior to going. I pulled the filter and the intake side still looked spotless so I assume it is working well. When I first got the machine new I pulled the filter and greased around the seal at the base of the filter to make sure it wouldn't leak, not real sure if that was needed. Anyhow, I had a R2C on my Wildcat and that worked very well. I called them today to see if they made one for this machine. He gave me a part number that says it replaces Polaris 7080595. The information I can find online says the 7082101 filter I am using now replaces the 7080595. My concern is the R2C shows it is a clamp on style. My Scrambler has no clamp and uses the air box cover to press and hold filter in place. My main concern is if the R2C shows as a clamp on, could it still work with mine? Has anyone used R2C part number OR-10523 on the style of air box my Scrambler has?

Thanks

#2 ·
my scrambler 1000 uses same filter as all sportsman 500 sportsman 570, as far as i know polaris atvs all use same filter /same part number, some atvs have different pre filter part number as before pre filters were a foam type.
the aftermarket filter ur looking at comes with a clamp because scramblers are probably the only
model that doesn't use a clamp .!!!! i've never had a issue but would prefer a clamp on my scrambler.

#4 ·
They are not the only model. My 2016 850 Sportsman Touring has no clamp either- the access cover holds the filter in place.

#6 ·
Looking at a new filter for the Scrambler. I have been using the stock paper filters with so far great results. I did 400 miles in the UP of Michigan this weekend and it was dusty! I had put in a new filter prior to going. I pulled the filter and the intake side still looked spotless so I assume it is working well. When I first got the machine new I pulled the filter and greased around the seal at the base of the filter to make sure it wouldn't leak, not real sure if that was needed. Anyhow, I had a R2C on my Wildcat and that worked very well. I called them today to see if they made one for this machine. He gave me a part number that says it replaces Polaris 7080595. The information I can find online says the 7082101 filter I am using now replaces the 7080595. My concern is the R2C shows it is a clamp on style. My Scrambler has no clamp and uses the air box cover to press and hold filter in place. My main concern is if the R2C shows as a clamp on, could it still work with mine? Has anyone used R2C part number OR-10523 on the style of air box my Scrambler has?

Thanks
That shows how well the paper filter works. That being said, I decided to try the R2C on my 570. So far, the intake has stayed just as clean as it did with the OEM paper filter. My 850 also did not use a clamp to hold the filter on, but it was the same part number as the filter for my 570, 500 and 800, which must have a clamp to hold them in place. Just a difference in the design of the air box. One uses the cover to hold the filter in place, the other uses a clamp. You should be just fine with the R2C. I also never use grease around the seal. As long as both surfaces are clean when you put it on, you are good to go.

#7 ·
R2C will work just fine. They made the filter to where you can either clamp it on like the value line or fit in the socket on the xp line. I was worried about the same thing but when it arrived I could tell you just pop the clamp off and install it just like the stock filter.

I would use a UNI on any other quad I've had except for the Scrambler. The seal is junk on the UNI filter for the xp line, it's just foam that ends up rolling up. The R2C is made of a soft silicone type material that seems to seal really well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.