Polaris ATV Forum banner

changing tran/diff fluid help needed

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mudbloodbeers 
#1 ·
im doing much needed maint on all 3 scrammys. oil is changed but im stuck on the trans/diff fluids. ive read to use 5w50 in the trans and diff. im looking to use fluids other than polaris so they are easier to source locally.
also,im open to suggestions on ideal fluids.

#2 ·
i use the polaris stuff for the trans with a cup of lucas oil stabilizer and valvolene 80/90 synthetic blend or pure synthetic + a cup of lucas in the dif.motor cycle chain case oil i hear is ok amsoil might make.saw polaris chain case oil on ebay but its like $20.00.

#3 ·
Fluids

I use Amsoil 75-90 GL5 in the trans. For the front dif and hubs I use Polaris fluid. Transfered here to Fallon NV., last summer and had to change Polaris dealers. The dealer in Sparks, doesn't carry the Polaris brand trans fluid anymore, only Maxima brand. He said any GL5 will work. But I've read to many times, not to experiment with the front dif and hubs. Fluids are cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.