Scrambler 4x4 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Scrambler Discussions for the Polaris Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Scrambler 4x4

I have a 1998 Scrambler and the 4x4 is kicking in when it gets so much wheel spin. I do nothave the 4x4 engaged and it is only one hub that is locking in. I have replaced some of the parts in the front hubs as well as switched out the parts in the hubs from side to side but that does not fix the problem and it remains on the same side. Is there an electrical box or something that is messed up and needs to be replaced? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

First off, welcome to the board!

I tried setting my password to "penis" but it said my password wasn't long enough...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 PM

you need a feeler gauge. and adjust the magnet. you'll need to look around for the proper setting
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 AM

my thoughts

first, i know the front axels are always engaged or spinning, i think not posi-trac, but if a wheel is spinning and you have the switch off, and the front wheels are controlled by electric, then you are getting electric there when you shouldnt, unless the hubs are mechanically hanging up, which is why the other person might of said feeler guage adjustment............i cant keep my 4wd on and you cant keep yours off........good luck
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 07:47 AM

If the armiture plates are magnetized the awd can engage without power, the previous post about using a feeler gauge is refering to setting the pole gap on the fron hub. You hold a straight edge accross the hub coil and measure using a feeler gauge, it must be set to .000"-.001" (.00-.025MM). if the gap is correct, check your armiture plates. Lies 97, your gap may be the problem or you may have damaged armiture plates. armiture plates are about 6-8 bucks each. look on cyclepartswarehouse.com and see the diagram.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode