Polaris ATV Forum banner

light,on/off, override switch issues

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bruce! 
#1 ·
I bought this quad not too long ago, but seems to be a short in the handlebar headlight, override, etc. switch.

One day the 4 wheel drive wasn't working. Out of dumb luck, I noticed if I pushed the on/off button hard towards the on position, the 4 wheel drive started working.

The next day it was fine, but then I put it in reverse and the speed limiter would kick in at idle and I could push the override and it would idle fine.

Drove it the other day splashing through water pretty fast and it cut out a couple times.

So I'm thinking I need to replace that whole switch, but after doing some searches looks like the ECM had issues on the older models. Wouldn't think that's the case since the 4 wheel drive would work when I could push hard against the "on" switch, but maybe there are multiple issues.

On another note, something seems to be draining the new battery and assume this is related.

Anyways, before replacing the switch, I wanted to see if there are common ground problems on the switch itself or the wiring? I haven't traced through the wiring yet. Any thoughts are appreciated!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.