09 scrambler running with no airbox lid - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Scrambler Discussions for the Polaris Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

09 scrambler running with no airbox lid

I know these rely on vacuum for the slide to work properly, but today i found out for some reason, mine will run fine without a lid or filter attached. It never used to do this. I recently did the dual snorkel lid mod, and procom cdi. It ran fine all day yesterday, then today went to unload it and had trouble idling. Thats when i opened the lid to find a small pool of gas in the box. Then i took off the carb, cleaned an already clean carb, and changed out the stock spring and needle for the ones out of my dynojet kit. seems to run fine but kinda worries me about this no lid thing. any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Most likely a stuck float or float needle issue
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 AM

no air box lid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09scrammy View Post
I know these rely on vacuum for the slide to work properly, but today i found out for some reason, mine will run fine without a lid or filter attached. It never used to do this. I recently did the dual snorkel lid mod, and procom cdi. It ran fine all day yesterday, then today went to unload it and had trouble idling. Thats when i opened the lid to find a small pool of gas in the box. Then i took off the carb, cleaned an already clean carb, and changed out the stock spring and needle for the ones out of my dynojet kit. seems to run fine but kinda worries me about this no lid thing. any help is greatly appreciated.
I had my carb cleaned new seat and pin so the float is not sticking but i changed the spark plug and would not run right.I took my air box lid off cleaned air filter and ran it without the lid on and it runs great.. Im not sure if thats good or bad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode