Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Polaris Scrambler Discussions for the Polaris Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM

Member #14330
09 scrambler running with no airbox lid

I know these rely on vacuum for the slide to work properly, but today i found out for some reason, mine will run fine without a lid or filter attached. It never used to do this. I recently did the dual snorkel lid mod, and procom cdi. It ran fine all day yesterday, then today went to unload it and had trouble idling. Thats when i opened the lid to find a small pool of gas in the box. Then i took off the carb, cleaned an already clean carb, and changed out the stock spring and needle for the ones out of my dynojet kit. seems to run fine but kinda worries me about this no lid thing. any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #1234
Most likely a stuck float or float needle issue
Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 AM

Member #23676
no air box lid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09scrammy View Post
I know these rely on vacuum for the slide to work properly, but today i found out for some reason, mine will run fine without a lid or filter attached. It never used to do this. I recently did the dual snorkel lid mod, and procom cdi. It ran fine all day yesterday, then today went to unload it and had trouble idling. Thats when i opened the lid to find a small pool of gas in the box. Then i took off the carb, cleaned an already clean carb, and changed out the stock spring and needle for the ones out of my dynojet kit. seems to run fine but kinda worries me about this no lid thing. any help is greatly appreciated.
I had my carb cleaned new seat and pin so the float is not sticking but i changed the spark plug and would not run right.I took my air box lid off cleaned air filter and ran it without the lid on and it runs great.. Im not sure if thats good or bad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Search tags for this page
98 scrambler 400 run with no filter
atv runs better with air box lid off

atv runs good without airbox

constant vacum carburetor runs bad when air box lid is off
how does an atv air box work
my fourwheeler idles and runs good with the air box off
polaris 400 drill no aribox lid?
polaris runs with air box lid off
polaris scrambler air box mod
polaris scrambler no airbox
polaris scrambler wont run with air box cover on
scrambler 400 open airbox
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.