Originally Posted by nuhuskers
1. hit start hear a click (no start)
2.pull start is not starting it either
3. battery is 12.6v
4.starter solinoid is about the same 12.6v
4.i checkd spark (there was one)
5. sprayed stater fluid in head (ran for a sec. the ncut out)
6. check spark and now there is none...unless im totally blind
7. tried jumping the starter solnoid and still clicked
anyone have any suggestions????
For the no Spark issue
Start easy, work your way back.
1. Thumb switch set to run <--- don't laugh, done this before
2. Check plug - try different plug if you have one.
3. Check plug wire
4. Check Coil
5. Hate this part - Start looking at your Flywheel & Magneto. - This is usually where I find the culprit when rebuilding an older Polaris. broken magnet, pickup coil to far away from flywheel etc.....
You can test most of the components listed above if you can use a volt meter to measure resistance etc...