Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Polaris Scrambler Discussions for the Polaris Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #5587
When adding a oil injection block off plate to a 2 stroke scrambler

I have a 2 stroke 400 scrambler and was wondering when i add a oil injection block off plate do i need to remove the oil tanks and electronics into the oil injection tank. As i didnt now if the sensors wouldnt run right because of removal of these parts any info would help thanx.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #5941
bumping this up because i want to know as well.also,why do you have to change your jetting?if your mixing the same why would it matter?

a write up on how to do this would kick ass.

OP,what delete kid did you use and was it complete?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:52 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #5587
I think im just gonna try running it keeping the oil pump on there and disconnecting the wire.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #7683
Hey I was wondering what your results were on running it without an injection block off kit I am going to do the same on my 1998 Polaris Xplorer let me know thanks!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:33 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #5551
same here thanx
Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Member #6930
I have way too much resistance on my throttle cable and it is definitely the oil pump. I tried cleaning all the moving parts and it didn't help at all. I think I'm going to just buy a block off kit and premix my gas. I would really appreciate it if someone could help us out with some information on this. My concerns:

1. Will I need to get rid of the fuel filter when premixing?
2. What ratio do I need to use? 40:1?
3. I'm not sure where the block off kit goes yet, so does the whole pump need to come off?
4. Do any wires need to be removed?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Member #9146
I purchased my 02 400 with the oil pump lines just plugged off and was told to mix 32-1. It also looks like the wire for the low oil light has been unhooked and they converted the oil tank to an extra fuel tank and tied it in near the petcock. it seems to work fine but have only had the scrambler for three days now and sure love it
Old 11-16-2010, 03:30 AM

Member #6930
shawert, does your scrambler have a fuel filter? I'm just wondering if mine will get clogged from the oil. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #6699
I don't understand the craze of people wanting to disconnect the oil injection system in favor of premixing gas. The Injection system mixes anywhere from 50:1 to 75:1 depending on throttle position. If your pump linkage gets sticky just clean the assembly and spray it with WD40.

32:1 is too rich on oil which will make the engine run lean on gas. Unless you re-adjust your carb for the new mix. Keep in mind your carb was setup for straight gas. As soon as you mix oil with the gas you will be leaning out your mixture. This will cause the combustion chamber to be overly hot and burn all that extra oil you are adding to the rings or fry your piston. So if you think more oil is better, think again. Even if you do re-adjust your carb, the excess oil will cause you to foul plugs at an alarming rate among many other problems with combustion. Even if you mix 50:1 you still need to re-jet your carb for proper mixture. Your mid range will suffer also unless you change your needle.

But if you want to disconnect it go for it, just think hard about the consequences and be prepared to re-setup your carb.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 AM

Member #6930
The guy a bought the quad from put an aftermarket carburetor on that is meant for two stroke engines so I'm not too worried about it. I really don't want to disconnect the oil injector but I've cleaned everything I can see on the oil pump and bought a new throttle cable and my thumb still gets tired after riding for about 5 minutes. I figure buying a few spark plugs and a block off kit is a lot cheaper than buying a new oil pump!

I haven't taken the pump off yet because all the screws seem to be pretty rusted on. I was going to attempt to remove the pump this weekend and see if I can find anything else that would put extra resistance on the cable. Hopefully I find something and don't have to remove the pump.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Search tags for this page
2000 trailblazer need to know how to install oil blockoff plate
block off plate for polaris 250
oil injection block off plate kit 2000 polaris trailblazer 250 for sale
polaris 2 stroke oil injection delete
polaris 250 oil injection

polaris oil injection block off kit

polaris oil pump block off kit
polaris scrambler 400 oil block off kit
polaris scrambler oil injection block off
polaris trailblazer 250 oil pump block off
polaris trailblazer oil block off kit
takeing oiler off paliras 400
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.