Fuel leaking out of bottom of Carb - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Scrambler Discussions for the Polaris Scrambler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:31 AM

There is an o ring that holds the float asembly. I have had the o ring fail twice. There is only 2 screws the hold the bowl on. I had to replace the gasket to stop another leak. The whole garage smelled like gas when that was leaking. Get the rebuild kit and change all the o rings and gaskets. This is on a 2011 scrambler. This had been the worst carb from leaking that I have ever had. I also have had a lot of trouble with the battery. When I bought the scrambler the battery was dead at the dealer they replaced the battery but gave me the original too. Even the new battery would be dead if it sat a week. So I switched back to original after charging. Worked fine but a week later it was dead again. So I ended up taking a battery out of my sled and put in it to try another one. It was a larger battery and a gel battery. Problem solved. I know it sounds like there was a draw on the battery but then the problem would has still been there with the gel battery. There is plenty of room in the battery box for a larger battery. Now I just swap the battery back and forth between the scrambler and my mxz 600.

Last edited by Mrterry; 02-17-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:55 PM

Have a 2006 Polaris 400HO 4x4. While my wife was driving it the engine cut off on her. There was fuel pouring from that nipple on the float cover. Not sure if it is the seat or a stuck float. Has not been sitting too much. Have experience with rebuilding my KTM 300 carb. Haven't torn down this carb yet front eh Polaris. Any ideas?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

If you can do your KTM carb, you can do one of these. Probably have to take the front plastic and fuel tank off to get to it. After that it's not that difficult. Take your time and pay attention. It will probably take more time to get it off and the machine buttoned back up than it will to do the rebuild. Polaris does not use gaskets but an o-ring seal instead so you don't need to replace that part. Get a kit on line from an aftermarket company. Polaris does not sell a kit, but each individual part. While you are at it, pick up 4 stainless 4mmX16mm socket head screws and replace the float bowl screws. The phillips head on the OEM pieces hog out easily.

Most likely suspect inside there is the needle and seat. Some have an O-ring on the seat which is held to the carb body with a small clamp. The ethanol in our fuels tends to harden them and they fail. Another possibility is some kind of debris got past the filter and is holding the needle open.

1st Machine
2001 Magnum 325 with a blown engine; rebuilt 2004. Broke timeing chain 2016 rebuilt again and still running. Warn winch and Moose 60" plow

Wife's machine:
2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427x Wheels. 12x7 front, 12x8 rear, QSC Clutch Kit
My Trail Machine:
2004 Sportsman 600 Twin, 25" RipSaw Tires on stock steel wheels, Moose rear box
Completed Project machine:
2001 Magnum 325 MOSE with a blown engine. Transplanted a 2005 Magnum 330 engine. Committed suicide on the trail Oct 2016. Spun Rod Bearing after oild cooler line failure. Rebuilding Engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Scrambler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode