Purchasing a new 570... advice? - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2016, 08:58 AM

Member #93681
Only my opinion...don't buy. I just bought a new 2016 570 sp in Sunset red. Had 0 miles on it. It has 28 miles on it now and is currently in the shop for a new transmission...turns out the new 570's are full of problems being worked out from shifting to melting plastic. I will be buying honda from now on...only my opinion
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 12-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member Premium Member

Member #14376
The 570 is a great atv, and in fact, is not plagued with problems. As with any other brand, there will be a few that have problems, hence, warranties. Forums tend to highlight those few who have had problems, and the problems appear to be much larger than they actually are. Just think about the number that are sold, then the number of people that have a problem. The percentage is extremely small, and comparable to any other brand of atv. Just spend a little time on any other brand of atv forum. They are all the same.

2011 XP 850 EPS (SOLD 3,600 miles), 28" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD2 Wheels, Warn XT25, Ricochet Ultimate protection, Elka Stage 1 shocks, QSC clutch kit
2009 Sportsman 500 EFI HO (SOLD 2,600 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch, Cycle Country plow (Wife's)
2007 Sportsman 800 X2 (SOLD 2,500 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch
Old 12-13-2016, 11:21 AM

Member #80682
Have 2 570 2 ups. One white with eps. One sunset red SP. Love em both. Sp is probably not worth the extra money....but debatable

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #15320
2015 570SP owner here, bought it new and it still makes me smile every time I ride. I think the SP is worth it if that's what you want, I wanted it and I love it, I use the active descent control pretty regularly on my property and even in the snow ADC has been awesome. I think I have a little over 750 miles on it at this point. Plenty of power, low end is more than satisfactory, I can pull the front wheels off the ground if I try to, and plenty of top end if that's your thing I once had mine up to 67mph before I let off and I think it had more to go there, I think it handles very well too - much better ride than my 2008 Sportsman 500HO.

2015 Sportsman 570 SP
Titanium Matte Metallic
Superwinch 3,000lbs winch
Old 12-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #47322
Quote:
Originally Posted by andwes03 View Post
i put a set of HTR's on my stock wheels and they were a vast improvement over stock.
Hmm... I replaced my stockers with 28" HTR's and really can't tell a difference.

I'd say save the money and ride the stockers until you find out that they can't do what you need them to, or until they're worn out. If you're set on HTR's, buy online (as was mentioned previously) and either install them yourself, or have a tire shop do it (I did my own in a couple hours).
1987 Manitou 24' Pontoon w/ 25HP Merc, bimini top, & propane grill
2014 Aluma 8112 utility trailer (my 'lil toy hauler)
1990 Honda Fourtrax 300, blue, plow machine (Sold)
1986 Yamaha Moto 4 225 (sold)
Old 12-15-2016, 03:57 AM

Member #53490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
Quote:
i put a set of HTR's on my stock wheels and they were a vast improvement over stock.
Hmm... I replaced my stockers with 28" HTR's and really can't tell a difference.

I'd say save the money and ride the stockers until you find out that they can't do what you need them to, or until they're worn out. If you're set on HTR's, buy online (as was mentioned previously) and either install them yourself, or have a tire shop do it (I did my own in a couple hours).
just to clarify a bit more. my stockers were fine in the traction area, never had an issue going through or over much with them. My main issue was their durability. I had about 3 plugs in each of the front tires. they didnt hold up well in that department at all.

I do agree with running the stocks to see if they will work first though
- Kenda Bearclaw HTR's
- 12 inch Light bar up front
- Flush Mount LED Headlights
- LED light pods on Tough Rack for reverse lights
- QSC Clutch Kit
Old 12-15-2016, 04:04 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #47322
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

just to clarify a bit more. my stockers were fine in the traction area, never had an issue going through or over much with them. My main issue was their durability. I had about 3 plugs in each of the front tires. they didnt hold up well in that department at all.

I do agree with running the stocks to see if they will work first though
Yeah, I'm with you on the durability aspect. The whole reason I put HTR's on mine was because I found a pretty serious bulge in the sidewall on one of my PXT's. Far as I can tell, it was like that from the factory, but I didn't notice it for a year and a half so warranty was out of the question. Based on all the rave reviews, I was expecting some huge difference when I put the HTR's on, but there really wasn't much appreciable change.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Member #14376
Quote:
Yeah, I'm with you on the durability aspect. The whole reason I put HTR's on mine was because I found a pretty serious bulge in the sidewall on one of my PXT's. Far as I can tell, it was like that from the factory, but I didn't notice it for a year and a half so warranty was out of the question. Based on all the rave reviews, I was expecting some huge difference when I put the HTR's on, but there really wasn't much appreciable change.
I guess it depends on your riding style, and the terrain you ride. Steep, loose, rocky trails, rock crawling, snow covered trails, there's just no comparison between OEM and HTR's. If groomed trails, or mild riding is your style, one might not notice as much of a difference between OEM and a set of quality tires. They suit some folks just fine. Others, not so much.

2011 XP 850 EPS (SOLD 3,600 miles), 28" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD2 Wheels, Warn XT25, Ricochet Ultimate protection, Elka Stage 1 shocks, QSC clutch kit
2009 Sportsman 500 EFI HO (SOLD 2,600 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch, Cycle Country plow (Wife's)
2007 Sportsman 800 X2 (SOLD 2,500 miles), 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Delta Steel wheels, Polaris 2,500 lb. winch
Old 12-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #47322
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post
I guess it depends on your riding style, and the terrain you ride. Steep, loose, rocky trails, rock crawling, snow covered trails, there's just no comparison between OEM and HTR's. If groomed trails, or mild riding is your style, one might not notice as much of a difference between OEM and a set of quality tires. They suit some folks just fine. Others, not so much.
Meh... whatever floats the riders boat I guess. I ride a bit of everything and honestly can't tell a bit of difference. To be fair, I only have a few hundred miles on the HTR's, so maybe when I go back to Drummond Island and do the steps at Marble Head, I'll make it up faster / easier... don't know yet. Groomed trails and deep sand hill climbs, they ride the same. I haven't noticed any difference in their handling in snow... been out riding (not on the trails) in the 6 or so inches that we got last weekend and they seem to handle about the same as the PXT's. I'm not a deep mud rider, so I'll never know if there's a difference there.

I can say however that they're a bit smoother when riding over obstacles, but I think that's mostly because of the larger diameter.

I'd like to see some honest blind tests (not sure how that would even be possible) to see if people can ACTUALLY tell the difference, or if there's just a lot of confirmation bias in the forums.

All I'm saying is that after riding both the stock and the HTR's, there's no way I'd spend $500 to switch out stock tires to HTR (or any other aftermarket tire for that matter) before the stocks are worn out, damaged, or unable to do what I need them to do. There's a lot of other things I could to with that money.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Member #14376
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post
Meh... whatever floats the riders boat I guess. I ride a bit of everything and honestly can't tell a bit of difference. To be fair, I only have a few hundred miles on the HTR's, so maybe when I go back to Drummond Island and do the steps at Marble Head, I'll make it up faster / easier... don't know yet. Groomed trails and deep sand hill climbs, they ride the same. I haven't noticed any difference in their handling in snow... been out riding (not on the trails) in the 6 or so inches that we got last weekend and they seem to handle about the same as the PXT's. I'm not a deep mud rider, so I'll never know if there's a difference there.

I can say however that they're a bit smoother when riding over obstacles, but I think that's mostly because of the larger diameter.

I'd like to see some honest blind tests (not sure how that would even be possible) to see if people can ACTUALLY tell the difference, or if there's just a lot of confirmation bias in the forums.

All I'm saying is that after riding both the stock and the HTR's, there's no way I'd spend $500 to switch out stock tires to HTR (or any other aftermarket tire for that matter) before the stocks are worn out, damaged, or unable to do what I need them to do. There's a lot of other things I could to with that money.
LOL, now that would be entertaining to watch!
I've broken a lot of snow covered trails, and then winched up atv's that were running their OEM tires. There really is a difference. The more extreme the conditions, the bigger the difference they make. Normal trail riding in these parts would be considered extreme by many, so it's important to have tires that are up to the task. My "confirmation bias" is based on actual experience's I've had and witnessed in many years of group rides out on the trails with folks running about every tire you can imagine.
Not looking to create a big argument on this topic, just stating the basis for my statements.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570