Fuel Line Recall - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 11:56 AM

Member #96442
Fuel Line Recall

Anyone else get this notice? Stop Sale/Stop Ride on Sportsman ATVs?
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:01 PM

Member #96442
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/Po...rrain-Vehicles

More info
Old 12-29-2016, 02:43 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #84762
Crap...I have one of the s/n's that needs the fix. Hopefully its a quick fix before the next snow storm.

ron
Polaris Glacier Plow and mount
Phone Charger & Voltmeter (nice for watching battery while plowing)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #33829
It will probably be weeks or months for them to get the parts in.
FallLine ware bar cutting edge
Polaris Front storage box
Guru front bumper
Wes AR 38 Box/Seat-modified (Lock and Ride)
Rear fender guards with foot pegs (ATV SuperStore)
Ricochet Armor Anodized (ATV SuperStore)

StarRider by Foreigner
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FDJTsyWVeaM
Old 12-30-2016, 04:42 AM

Member #96442
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarRider View Post
My dealer gave me the impression that based on the last fiasco, he expected them to step up their game this time. That said, 35 cases isn't a huge number.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:54 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #29059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martlet View Post
Quote:
My dealer gave me the impression that based on the last fiasco, he expected them to step up their game this time. That said, 35 cases isn't a huge number.
Not huge, but a good number none the less (especially when it adds into the bigger picture of insurance and other property loss... think not only of the atv loss, but of the actual & potencial number of lost houses, garages, belongings, ect, ect!!. That's a huge number that could end any business!!! I wonder what the total number of 570 units produced is (so we could calculate the percentage)??

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED) Sept. 2015 ATV Of The Month
Mods: Polaris 2500HD Winch - Synthetic Rope - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Glacier3 60" Plow - Polaris Rack Extenders - Polaris Bumpers - LowPro Shield - Polaris Hand Guards - Warning Debadge - 3Way Head Light (Relay) - Cabelas Mirrors - Wes Ind. Std Seat/Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" ITP MudLite Tires - HighLifter HD Springs - MotoAlliance Sirius 6" Pro LED Light Bar

2005 SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)
Mods: Warn 2500 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Mid Shield - Wes Ind. Seat/Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Mirrors - Polaris Bumpers - 25" Kenda K590 Tires - PVC Spring Spacers

2014 RZR 570 EFI EPS LE TRAIL (WHITE LIGHTENING)
Mods: HarborFreight Badland 3500 Winch - MotoAlliance Winch Mount - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Sport Roof - 1/2 Windshield - Warning Debadge - Rear View Mirror - Seat Adjuster - 26" Maxxis Tires - MotoAlliance Sirius 10" Pro LED Light Bar

Last edited by MustBeNice; 12-30-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:58 AM

Member #96442
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Not huge, but a good number none the less (especially when it adds into the bigger picture of insurance and other property loss... think not only the atv, but houses, garages, ect, ect!!). I wonder what the total number of 570 units produced is (so we could calculate the percentage)??
Exactly. I was looking at it from the perspective of "I have a foot of snow on my property, should I plow?"
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #29059
Quote:
Exactly. I was looking at it from the perspective of "I have a foot of snow on my property, should I plow?"
If it were mine.... in that circumstance (outside away from property/structures, and myself able bodied to bail off the machine).... I'd roll the dice and then plead ignorance (to the insurance company, at least until you've been contacted by Polaris anyways) if it went up in a fire ball!

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED) Sept. 2015 ATV Of The Month
Mods: Polaris 2500HD Winch - Synthetic Rope - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Glacier3 60" Plow - Polaris Rack Extenders - Polaris Bumpers - LowPro Shield - Polaris Hand Guards - Warning Debadge - 3Way Head Light (Relay) - Cabelas Mirrors - Wes Ind. Std Seat/Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" ITP MudLite Tires - HighLifter HD Springs - MotoAlliance Sirius 6" Pro LED Light Bar

2005 SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)
Mods: Warn 2500 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Mid Shield - Wes Ind. Seat/Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Mirrors - Polaris Bumpers - 25" Kenda K590 Tires - PVC Spring Spacers

2014 RZR 570 EFI EPS LE TRAIL (WHITE LIGHTENING)
Mods: HarborFreight Badland 3500 Winch - MotoAlliance Winch Mount - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Sport Roof - 1/2 Windshield - Warning Debadge - Rear View Mirror - Seat Adjuster - 26" Maxxis Tires - MotoAlliance Sirius 10" Pro LED Light Bar
Old 12-30-2016, 10:44 AM

Member #96442
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
Quote:
If it were mine.... in that circumstance (outside away from property/structures, and myself able bodied to bail off the machine).... I'd roll the dice and then plead ignorance (to the insurance company, at least until you've been contacted by Polaris anyways) if it went up in a fire ball!
That's where I'm at. It's due to the fuel line wearing and rupturing, apparently. Based on that, lots of things would have to happen before "fire". I won't ride it and will keep an eye on it, but when the choice is plow or shovel 12" of wet snow, it's not much of a choice.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:57 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #6667
So what's the difference between the recalled 2 up models and the 1 up models? Wouldn't the fuel line setup be the same?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Search tags for this page

2014 polaris sportsman 570 touring fuel rail picture

polaris sportsman fuel rail recall
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.