Just noticed this about the 570, WTH? - Page 8 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #51747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderX View Post
I'll never buy another Polaris "4wheeler"

A Ranger IS a Polaris 4 wheeler... But whatever helps you sleep better at night is definitely what you should buy... for your kids sake.

What ever man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #36572
I guess I can chime in here since I own Both (see sig)

The Rangers have their short comings too. Heck I had 2 bearings and a CV joint fail at around 500 miles (was all stock at the time). Also a couple recalls along the way. Point is ALL brands, makes, models, have pro's and cons. Sorry you had bad luck with yours, but my Ranger hasn't been perfect either!!! Is it a nice machine? Oh hell yeah !!! Is it better "built" or better "quality" than my other Polaris atvs?? No.

2017 Sportsman XP LE 1000 Matte Copper
-Polaris F&R Ultimate Brush Guards, Polaris Winch

2014 Ranger 900 XP LE Deluxe Nuclear Sunset Orange
-Lots of Mods/Accessories

1989 Yamaha 350 Big Bear 4x4 - all original
Past ATV's, All Great Machines
2014 Sportsman 850 LE Pearl White
2013 RZR 800 LE Nuclear Sunset
2013 Sportsman 500 HO Bright White
-july 2014 atv of the month
2008 Sportsman 300awd LE Pearl White
1995 Xplorer 400 Green
1992 Honda Fourtrax 300 Blue
1986 Yamaha Moto4 225 Blue
1986 Honda Fourtrax 350 Red
Old 01-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #35869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncledaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post
Quote:
For the most part, guys on here that stick to groomed trail systems dont have any issues, its the guys that get them off groomed trails and into the "ALL terrain" aspect of atv, begin to see these new generation, aka garbage, polaris come apart. Been a polaris guy my whole Adult life, only atvs ive ever owned long term, this is my last. Too many others out there, foreign, that seem to hold up like polaris used to in the 80's, 90's, and first part of 2000.
LOL, that's funny. Totally untrue, but funny.
You ride on nature's concrete and are in the class of if it doesn't happen to me directly it doesn't happen at all and you are crazy to think otherwise. You take yours in for the fire recall yet?

The guys that ride are a tiny percentage of who use any forums or any Internet medium, the consistent across the country is polaris has become very fragile and problematic. Yeah they are belled and whistled to thee max and for most trinkets are what sells them, we'll, polaris has become the trinket king of the market and left durability and longevity long ago to increase profit margins.

Quote Uncledaddy :You ride on nature's concrete and are in the class of if it doesn't happen to me directly it doesn't happen at all and you are crazy to think otherwise.

And Daddy you are in the class that if it's happened to me its happened to EVERYBODY which is entirely ridiculous. Why don't you just go get you a grizzly like Geerigs . You have complained about your 550 for as long as any of us can remember. I know if I had an atv that I hated as much as you seem to hate yours...I would have gotten rid of it long ago, but maybe you know you cant replace it with a Grizz like you claim to want. Or maybe you just like to come on here and complain about your PoPo. Either way your statements and your actions negate each other. My Polarises have been ridden in just abouy every manner you can ride an atv with the exception of being a mud hound....and other than normal maintenance and wear items I would put them up against anyones brand. They are tough dependable machines just like the Jap bikes.....and I guarantee you either of the ones I've owned could have followed Geerig up Bitch hill without incident. Looking at that hill I see why you named it that. You need to come ride West Virginia and East Tennessee and out west and then you will see some HILLS, not slight inclines like your bitch hill
Quadboss roof
Polaris Rear Cargo box
26X9X12 Maxxis Ceros
26X11X12 Maxxis Ceros
ITP SS 212 Machined wheels
UTV Giant V2 doors
Led Cubes
Polaris Low Profile front brushguard

Departed friends
2015 Polaris Ace 570
2001 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4, a great 3 wheel drive ATV
2013 Sportsman 500 HO another great atv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #35869
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
Quote:

50 hrs bro. Failed fuel pump.

How was that not covered under warranty?

6 months is all you get. I simply don't ride that much. I tried trust me.

Maybe you should have bought the extended warranty. 50 hours in six months is ridiculous. When things sit parts also go bad especially fuel system parts. It sounds like you don't really need an atv. Had you ridden it the pump would have been warranteed....so we cant blame Polaris because you left it sit...Can we???
Quadboss roof
Polaris Rear Cargo box
26X9X12 Maxxis Ceros
26X11X12 Maxxis Ceros
UTV Giant V2 doors
Led Cubes

Departed friends
2015 Polaris Ace 570
Old 01-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #55035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx2 View Post

LOL, that's funny. Totally untrue, but funny.
You ride on nature's concrete and are in the class of if it doesn't happen to me directly it doesn't happen at all and you are crazy to think otherwise. You take yours in for the fire recall yet?

The guys that ride are a tiny percentage of who use any forums or any Internet medium, the consistent across the country is polaris has become very fragile and problematic. Yeah they are belled and whistled to thee max and for most trinkets are what sells them, we'll, polaris has become the trinket king of the market and left durability and longevity long ago to increase profit margins.

Quote Uncledaddy :You ride on nature's concrete and are in the class of if it doesn't happen to me directly it doesn't happen at all and you are crazy to think otherwise.

And Daddy you are in the class that if it's happened to me its happened to EVERYBODY which is entirely ridiculous. Why don't you just go get you a grizzly like Geerigs . You have complained about your 550 for as long as any of us can remember. I know if I had an atv that I hated as much as you seem to hate yours...I would have gotten rid of it long ago, but maybe you know you cant replace it with a Grizz like you claim to want. Or maybe you just like to come on here and complain about your PoPo. Either way your statements and your actions negate each other. My Polarises have been ridden in just abouy every manner you can ride an atv with the exception of being a mud hound....and other than normal maintenance and wear items I would put them up against anyones brand. They are tough dependable machines just like the Jap bikes.....and I guarantee you either of the ones I've owned could have followed Geerig up Bitch hill without incident. Looking at that hill I see why you named it that. You need to come ride West Virginia and East Tennessee and out west and then you will see some HILLS, not slight inclines like your bitch hill
Closest dealer to me built a second warehouse and hired 4 new techs to keep up in their service department, staging parking lot for service area is a large parking lot that in the last 8 yrs ive never seen even half way empty, not to mention the small one man shops that never lack for repair work with these popos, or the guy I work with who buys up broken polaris atvs and flips them. Other forums im on that people pizz and moan about the machines and dealers saying polaris is like the walmart of the toy sector with polaris positive dealer negative franchise deals, but say the service work is what makes it wirth the headache of selling them.

I loved my old polaris, it was the reason i bought my new one, i just didnt do my homework and realize how much they let quality go to crap to keep shareholders happy. Now i know, too much time and effort vested in and around this current machine to start over upfitting a new reliable brand; but on the flip side ive become sadly familiar with the entire bike making all these failed parts repairs, 1 of which 2 dealers said was normal and you seen the outcome of that and then difference after i looked into and fixed it. Brand new machine requiring 2 hands to put in gear, yeah, that's normal
Old 01-13-2017, 04:30 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #51747
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post

How was that not covered under warranty?

Maybe you should have bought the extended warranty. 50 hours in six months is ridiculous. When things sit parts also go bad especially fuel system parts. It sounds like you don't really need an atv. Had you ridden it the pump would have been warranteed....so we cant blame Polaris because you left it sit...Can we???

Maybe you should've paid for the extended warranty for me. The world doesn't run on "what ifs"
example: what if it broke outside the extended warranty....

Old 01-13-2017, 05:04 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #47322
Quote:
You need to buy the "indefinitely extended" warranty, wherein you simply pay Polaris $199.99/month indefinitely, and they will continue to deny your warranty claims for as long as you own the machine.
1987 Manitou 24' Pontoon w/ 25HP Merc, bimini top, & propane grill
2014 Aluma 8112 utility trailer (my 'lil toy hauler)
1990 Honda Fourtrax 300, blue, plow machine (Sold)
1986 Yamaha Moto 4 225 (sold)
Old 01-13-2017, 05:05 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #51747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
Quote:

You need to buy the "indefinitely extended" warranty, wherein you simply pay Polaris $199.99/month indefinitely, and they will continue to deny your warranty claims for as long as you own the machine.

Lol, nice.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #35869
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closest dealer to me built a second warehouse and hired 4 new techs to keep up in their service department, staging parking lot for service area is a large parking lot that in the last 8 yrs ive never seen even half way empty, not to mention the small one man shops that never lack for repair work with these popos, or the guy I work with who buys up broken polaris atvs and flips them. Other forums im on that people pizz and moan about the machines and dealers saying polaris is like the walmart of the toy sector with polaris positive dealer negative franchise deals, but say the service work is what makes it wirth the headache of selling them.

I loved my old polaris, it was the reason i bought my new one, i just didnt do my homework and realize how much they let quality go to crap to keep shareholders happy. Now i know, too much time and effort vested in and around this current machine to start over upfitting a new reliable brand; but on the flip side ive become sadly familiar with the entire bike making all these failed parts repairs, 1 of which 2 dealers said was normal and you seen the outcome of that and then difference after i looked into and fixed it. Brand new machine requiring 2 hands to put in gear, yeah, that's normal
Then if you feel they are so bad get rid of it. If you can afford the race car scene I'm sure a new grizzly shouldn't be out of reach. I see none of what you are talking about at my local dealership....so I guess they send all the defective ones to Iowa, and like I've already said since 2013 I've owned two Polaris's and haven't had any of the problems you are talking about. Its just amazing to me that you hate your current machine this bad but would rather come on here and complain about it rather than replace it
Quadboss roof
Polaris Rear Cargo box
26X9X12 Maxxis Ceros
26X11X12 Maxxis Ceros
UTV Giant V2 doors
Led Cubes

Departed friends
2015 Polaris Ace 570
Old 01-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #35869
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you should've paid for the extended warranty for me. The world doesn't run on "what ifs"

Hey you bought it so you pay for it.....or better yet use it so when things go bad its still covered by a warranty. I get 50 hours in 6 months just riding around the house not counting any trail rides...Lets see...What if I had used it rather than let it sit for 6 months. That's a what if that you Could have done something about. I'm sorry it broke Bro but when you only get a 6 month warranty you better ride the crap out of it to weed out the potential problems before the 6 months are up
Quadboss roof
Polaris Rear Cargo box
26X9X12 Maxxis Ceros
26X11X12 Maxxis Ceros
UTV Giant V2 doors
Led Cubes

Departed friends
2015 Polaris Ace 570

Last edited by Vandal; 01-13-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570