Picked up my used/new 570 yesterday. I have a few ???? - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #47322
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz3482 View Post
I also was going to hook up a battery tender but the batter had a cover on it so I'll have to remove the cover and install the leads with the ez-connector for the battery tender when it's not 9 degrees outside.
As mentioned above, you don't need to go direct to the battery with the battery tender pigtail. There is a terminal block under the front storage area that is convenient and relatively easy to access.
1987 Manitou 24' Pontoon w/ 25HP Merc, bimini top, & propane grill
2014 Aluma 8112 utility trailer (my 'lil toy hauler)
1990 Honda Fourtrax 300, blue, plow machine (Sold)
1986 Yamaha Moto 4 225 (sold)
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:50 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #69897
I like the look of bison bumper up front, and kimpex on the rear personally.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:36 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #63625
Thanks everyone, I'm gonna look for that connection point for my battery tender this week. We are gonna have a warm up here so I can get out in the garage and tinker with the new ride! I was looking at the Guru bumper with the mesh center, open. Its the $219.99 bumper that has no mesh in front of the headlamps or by the winch. My question is will it interfere any with the winch while its in use?? I see they sell a bumper with a plate welded in for the winch fair lead to bolt too. Do I need to add that plate when I buy it or will it be ok without it? Also my polaris winch doesn't seem to have any kind of stopper at the end of the cable. Just the loop and hook. Should there be a rubber stopper there??? Last atv I had with a winch had the stopper on the end of the lead. Should I install something so the hook doesn't get sucked into the rollers for the winch? Sorry for all the questions. I just like to have everything setup right before I ride on need to use it. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #33549
A hockey puck with a hole drilled through it, or a small Kong dog toy work as a stopper for the winch. and they are cheap. most winches don't come with the stopper.

Personally, I'd add the plate for the fairlead. I hate that my winch is sucked in behind my bumper. and hands down Guru is the way to go.

My list of must haves on a new ATV. in this order. Winch, Tires, Protection. you've got the winch. Tires, and clutch kits are the best bang for your buck performance modifications that can me made to an ATV. And you're looking into protection. I'm on the full skids side of the fence myself. But if you don't want plastic, Making your own Aluminum skids is relatively easy to do and would cost you less than buying the Ricochet skids. PM me if you have any questions about building your own. Can be done with a jig saw, a drill, a rubber mallet, and a vice.

The rest are all creature comforts that are really based on your own personal needs/requirements for the uses your machine will see.

As for things to do about protecting against the failures that people post about. Maintenance and smart riding are the best ways to prevent issues. as far as the heat goes, get it ceramic coated. My local coater would do the header pipe for $70 and the full exhaust for $160. It reduces the heat, and protects the metal from rust, unlike wrapping, which can cause premature rusting.

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Tamarack Titan Luxury Lounger
Cabela's Chainsaw mount
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers

Towable/equipment
Custom built road drag grader

Future mods
Rear bumper/brush guard
Old 01-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #49345
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz3482 View Post

Also, all Atv's I ever owned had a lever at the back of the seat to remove the seat. From how I interpreted the manual this one does not?? You just yank up on the rear of the seat and it's held on by clips?? I want to remove the seat because there is an annoying rattle coming from the plastic over the gas tank. I put pressure on the plastics and the rattle quites down. So I'd like to remove the seat to see why ther is a rattle in that area.
I got that same rattle, but it seems to be only when I've pulled it out of the garage and it's sitting on it's incline, ready to plow. Same thing-push down on the plastic and it quits. But it also seems to stop as soon as I take off. Never really investigated it.

You got a smokin deal on that machine.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:04 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #93513
That noise is most likely the intake snorkel hitting the plastic around the gas tank. Very annoying, my old SP500 had foam around the snorkel to keep it snug. A zip tie will take care of it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570