Picked up my used/new 570 yesterday. I have a few ???? - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris Sportsman 570 Discussions for the all new 2014+ Polaris Sportsman 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Picked up my used/new 570 yesterday. I have a few ????

Hello everyone,
Some members may have been following my thread in the purchase and buying section but for those who haven't I'll give a background on my wonderful search for a nice, clean, atv. For those that don't want to read the back story and just would like to help answer my questions skip to the next paragraph.. So I've been searching for months now for something, my budget started at $3500, but I could not find anything decent in that range. So I upped my budget and finally could get a lower mileage newer machine but everyone I dealt with had all these weird situations or simply didn't cooperate with me to make a sale. So after finally thinking I had a deal on a 2016 orange 570 eps with @ 60mi on it for $5800 Wednesday night and the guy decided to tell me last minute that he had a loan on it and owed $6240 so he would be able to pay the remainder off for 2 or 3 weeks, I was about to throw in the towel. But I went back to craigslist once more. I usually search Polaris sportsman, or sportsman, this time I just typed Polaris. I shuffled through and found and add for a 2016 570 esp with Polaris winch for $5000 and all it said was it was new.... the add was 44 days old, so I thought something was up. When I talked to the guy and he insisted it was new, he had a clean and clear title/registration and it had 2 miles on it. I asked why he bought it and why he'd sell it so quick. He said he didn't buy it, he won it at a gun raffle and already had a new honda foreman, so he didn't need the 570. So I went to look and he wasn't lying. It had 2.4 mi and it's brand spanking new. I told him I'd take it immediately. So for $5000 in my area, I think I stole it and super happy!

Now questions, I am trying to cycle through the digital display. I guess there is supposed to be a mode button as the manual says, but they don't show it and I can't seem to find it. Can someone tell me or show me a picture of the mode button? It's probably right in front of my nose but the garage has poor lighting and it was snowing like crazy yesterday when I brought it home.

Also, all Atv's I ever owned had a lever at the back of the seat to remove the seat. From how I interpreted the manual this one does not?? You just yank up on the rear of the seat and it's held on by clips?? I want to remove the seat because there is an annoying rattle coming from the plastic over the gas tank. I put pressure on the plastics and the rattle quites down. So I'd like to remove the seat to see why ther is a rattle in that area.

wait, another ??? I know forums show case complaints and issues, but is there anything I should do to this new atv now to save me from any damage, aggravation, time, money or buying parts in the future?

Lastly, I'm looking for a nice front bumper. What do you guys like to run for front bumpers? I searched the internet but most brands advertise their bumper and don't even show it on a sportsman 570. So if you have a bumper on 570 that works well with the Polaris factory winch and possibly a plow someday please attach a picture if you could. Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	67058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	67066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	67074  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:25 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Nice machine!!! Out of the gate full skid plates either iron Baltic or ricochet. I like aluminum but plastic has its own advantages. As for bumpers no question GURU hands down!!

2011 sportsman 800 efi
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:26 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Oh and tires stockers SUCK!

2011 sportsman 800 efi
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

The mode button is the yellow reverse override button on the left handlebar

1st Machine
2001 Magnum 325 with a blown engine; rebuilt 2004. Broke timeing chain 2016 rebuilt again and still running. Warn winch and Moose 60" plow

Wife's machine:
2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427x Wheels. 12x7 front, 12x8 rear, QSC Clutch Kit
My Trail Machine:
2004 Sportsman 600 Twin, 25" RipSaw Tires on stock steel wheels, Moose rear box
Completed Project machine:
2001 Magnum 325 MOSE with a blown engine. Transplanted a 2005 Magnum 330 engine. Committed suicide on the trail Oct 2016. Spun Rod Bearing after oild cooler line failure. Rebuilding Engine.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stave7119 View Post
The mode button is the yellow reverse override button on the left handlebar
Thanks! I was search every page in the manual that had to do with the display and the mode button was talked about several times but never shown. I had a 13' razor 800 and the mode button was right on the speedo. Had a honda and the mode button was on the speedo also. I guess I like it on the handle bar. This way I can change it while driving/operating the atv with both hands on the handle Bars.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Grab and pull

If it is like the 850, you just grab and rear of the seat and pull hard. It has some push in pegs that go into a rubber grommet affair.

D
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Can't beat that deal for sure! Nice find.
That rattle you're hearing might be the intake tube to the airbox hitting the frame, I took a wire tie & just strapped it to the frame. You should see it when you pop the seat off.
If you plan to plow with it and add a nice bumper, I suggest getting some HD springs for the front too.

2014 Sportsman 570 (Red)
Powermadd Hand Guards
Viper Elite 3000 Winch/KFI mount
Denali Snow Plow
Polaris HD Front Springs
Kenda Executioners

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Reverse over ride button and mode button are the same.

OEM bumpers are fine for me but I'm not trying to knock trees over with it.

If your worried about exhaust heat you might consider getting it ceramic coated.

No latch on the seat. Just grab the back of it and pull up then slide backwards to remove.

Nice looking machine and great deal!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Thanks everyone. Went out today to move snow and looked the 570 over. Now I see that the over ride button is the mode button also. I also was going to hook up a battery tender but the batter had a cover on it so I'll have to remove the cover and install the leads with the ez-connector for the battery tender when it's not 9 degrees outside. I looked into the guru bumper and I definitely like it. Someone has a bison bumper for sale locally on craigslist, he's asking $140 for it, but I just don't like the looks of it. Guru definitely has a good tough look!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz3482 View Post
Thanks everyone. Went out today to move snow and looked the 570 over. Now I see that the over ride button is the mode button also. I also was going to hook up a battery tender but the batter had a cover on it so I'll have to remove the cover and install the leads with the ez-connector for the battery tender when it's not 9 degrees outside. I looked into the guru bumper and I definitely like it. Someone has a bison bumper for sale locally on craigslist, he's asking $140 for it, but I just don't like the looks of it. Guru definitely has a good tough look!
Here's a link to another thread on a different location to hook up your battery tender.
Wired in my trickle charger quick connect.

2014 Sportsman 570 (Red)
Powermadd Hand Guards
Viper Elite 3000 Winch/KFI mount
Denali Snow Plow
Polaris HD Front Springs
Kenda Executioners

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode