Polaris ATV Forum banner

New to me 2015 Sportsman 570

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dennisnielsen 
#1 ·
63.8 hours

After reading all of you good folks posts about mods that will help keep my investment alive
I opted for the 30 extra amp battery someone suggested here.

Right away the fuel pump & starter sounded better.

Now I am wrapping the pipe & installing heat shield to keep the fuel tank & electronics cool.

PS don't overlook the $1. rubber plug for leaks & cracks from heat. "right under the seat left side"

I had a new 08 850 & so far I like this 570 much better. Nimble & longer range.

Thank you for having me and letting me pick your brains to save money.

Dennis

#4 · (Edited)
850XP Sportsman in red to be exact

#5 · (Edited)
Wore the smell off my exhaust wrap running a ridgeline & I swear it felt like it ran even better. Cooler for sure. Picked up a good deal on a used Norco Air/Hydralic ATV/Motorcycle lift & looking forward to using it after UPS hits me up with parts. BTW the rubber plug is not a vacuum plug, just an adjustment sealed weather cover that needed replacement.

#7 · (Edited)
Is anybody running a slip on hmf pipe without a programmer on a polaris 570 atv?
Welcome from another new member Skeeter

I was wondering if it would free flow a little better and assist to reduce exhaust temps.

The pipe by itself is fine but the remapping software adds a kick & bigger grin

Scrounging for used myself.

BTW Going to look at a 2012 550 X2 w/213 hours in the AM.

Dang, now I have to do some more reading :grin

#8 ·
Double trouble

Bought the Sportsman 550 XP. Besides a little UV damage this one is pretty nice.

Wife, daughter & went for a sunset ride & loved it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.