Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieneken49 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kme743 View Post
Just curious, why not?
well for starters the all the plastics seem thinner & flimsy(body, clutch breathers ect..) the mounting points seems thinner(rear stabilizer, front brush guard, motor mounts ect..) & alot of electrical connections seem to unplug way too easy. just my .02 cents i wouldnt own a new sportsman, ill stick with the 2004-2008 models
The plastic is plenty thick. I love mine so far. got it up to 60 last night on the dirt road, rides like a champ. well worth the money, and across frozen famr fields its like a caddy. smoother than my jeep.
I agree. Plastic is not thin or cheap. Go look at a new arctic cat if you want cheap and bad quality. The new 570 racks are some of the best polaris has made with metal tie down bars intigrated. There is more metal on them now than before on things like the brake lever and resivour. Polaris gets better with every new model they release.

2013 RZR 900 XP | Black Sixr Wheels | 26" Sedona Ripsaws

10 Ford SVT Raptor | WSI Front Bumper | WSI Rear Bumper | WSI Faux Hawk Rack | Method Standard Race Wheels
3" Single Chamber Exhaust | Perch Mod | HID Lights | Rear Hella Dust Lights | Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 Tires
Volant Cold Air Intake | Custom Carbon Fiber Dash | Custom Spare Tire Mount | National Rear Leaf Springs
30" Led Bar Bumper Mount | 40" Led Bar Bed Rack Mount

SOLD 14 Polaris 570 Touring
SOLD 99 Honda 440ex Big Bore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgirard420 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgirard420 View Post
Another opinion here, a little dielectric grease on the terminals/connections wouldn't hurt either.

I can tell you that where the battery is located on my 500 doesn't offer much protection against water and mud. As a matter of fact the tires cake it in mud and water. I do agree that submersion might be a concern, but this isn't the first model to put the battery down there.

Make sure you only use sealed batteries on it if you ever replace the OEM one.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk
Sealed as in non serviceable? And do the sealed ones eliminate the vent tube?
Exactly on both counts.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk
Perfect! That is what I will get when I replace mine. Any particular brand?

Thanks,
Will

2012 Sportsman 400HO - 5,800KM and counting.
25" Traxion Grippers
Warn RT 25, Warn Hawse Fairlead, Synthetic Rope, Glacier III plow, Kolpin Rear Trailbox L&R Mounts.
6" Front LED Lightbar
Polaris HD Front coils
Polaris Hand & Thumb Warmers.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Yahusa are good.

I agree the battery placement looks like a late desing decision but keep in mind this is a first year model. The battery on the XP model did changed place over the years.

As far as getting cheaper material all brands IMO are doing the same. Honda's overall finish got rougher with the new models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 05:52 AM
JPB

just paid for 2014-- 570 when they delivered it they used the winch to lift the plow blade sparks flew and it shorted out. I have the same concerns you do with regard to the battery replacement and going through water I will keep you and everybody else posted if I have any issues. After the dealer fixes this issue.lol

Last edited by JPB; 05-23-2014 at 06:07 AM. Reason: grammar
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

My only concerns are accessibility when that area gets filled with frozen slush and ice and the durability of the wiring. Doesn't seem to be well armored and i plan on wrapping everything in flex tubing
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:21 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
ive inspected my buddies new 570 & rode it LOL, I couldn't afford a new one thats for sure!!!
If you were my buddy you wouldn't be unplugging electrical connectors on my 570 just to see how they feel!

Last edited by sportsmatt; 01-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmatt View Post
Quote:
ive inspected my buddies new 570 & rode it LOL, I couldn't afford a new one thats for sure!!!
If you were my buddy you wouldn't be unplugging electrical connectors on my 570 just to see how they feel!
this thread's been dead for a year and a half man and it's over 3 years old to begin with...

"There are no problems. There are only Solutions. It's your job to find the right one.

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Tamarack Titan Luxury Lounger
Cabela's Chainsaw mount
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers

Towable/equipment
Custom built road drag grader

Future mods
Rear bumper/brush guard
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:09 AM

My 2012 400 Sportsman and 2014 570 Sportsman look and ride similar. However, the 570 power difference is noticeable unlike the difference between riding the 400 & 500 Sportsman from the previous design. I have always been a Yamaha dirt bike guy, never anything else. But, now that I'm a 44 year old quad guy, I'll probably never buy anything other than a brand new Polaris again. Mine have been extremely reliable and bulletproof, granted, they have not been overly abused on a regular basis.

They fit and feel superior to others that I have ridden while swapping for a while with buddies on the trail. Each brand has something the others don't, pick the one that best suits your situation. I personally enjoy the enormous amount of dry storage front of rear. The racks are well built and well sealed against the storage areas. The riding position is rather neutral and comfortable. Last, but, certainly not least is the original price. I cannot consider buying a 5-6 year old other branded machine when I can pick up a brand new under warranty and well built Polaris. Price aside, I simply like it better than the competition in numerous aspects.

That battery placement though... Looks stupid and rather Chinese knockoff in terms of overall engineering. Mine has been submerged on more than a few occasions, covered and caked in mud and ice, never an issue. I have left the key on and killed my battery. It is certainly easier to access on my 2014 570 than on my 2012 400 under the rear fender. It's not like the rear mounted battery has ever seen less abuse inside of the fender well.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis View Post
I signed the papers on my new Sportsman 570 on Saturday and am picking it up tomorrow. When I took a good look at it after they prepped it I noticed where Polaris located the battery. WTF???
I didnt notice this on the sales floor because it was in between 2 other ATV's. It seems really low and close to the front driveshaft.
I may not have bought it if I had seen the location before then. Is anyone else concerned?
Can the battery go under water with no ill effects? I have been worried about this since noticing it, should I be or am I worrying about nothing?
Your OEM wet batt may bite the dust sooner rather than later. I replaced with an AGM within a few months of purchasing the 570. AGM is like $70 and has more cranking power. No issues with the battery placement and yes, it goes underwater in the mud in the flooded rice field I duck hunt in. The problem is that if you need to get to the battery, I would recommend jacking up the front and taking the left (driver's side??) front wheel off. That rubber tie down is a beotch!

Good luck and go have fun!

2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI Sage Green
Ricochet front/Polaris rear A-arm guards
Polaris 3500lb HD winch
Polaris front/rear rack extenders
KFI winch stopper
Overfender Mud Flares
ATV Guru Brushguard
ITP 27" Mega Mayhem 9x14 frt, 11x14 rear
ITP SS112 14" 6" (4+2 offset) frt, 8" (5+3 offset rear)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode