Polaris ATV Forum banner

A arm braces

6K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  bp405 
#1 ·
Hello all. Would like everyone opinion on the a-arm braces. Do you need to add both front n back or just the back. Going to add what ever I need before I finish breaking on my 16. Got about 25 hrs on it so far and love it way more than my 800 that someone borrowed.

#2 ·
I was wondering the same thing. Also was the frames upgraded any when the 2015 1000 came out compared to say a 2013 850?

#3 ·
I just paid for my Cecco Frame Braces few minutes ago, before i found this post.
I read about them on the forum a few days ago.

Its one of those "better safe than sorry" things.
They prevent metal fatigue from long term wear, or sudden impacts.

So there is no point of doing the front and not the back, or vice-versa.
If you cannot afford both, get the rear one later.
Your front is more likely to experience sudden shock from an accident or getting stopped by a rock or tree.
Both front and back are equally susceptible to long-term fatigue.

#4 ·
Given how new your machine is I would do fronts before rear. The front mounts twist and break from hitting unknowns like root, stumps, etc. The rears are know to crack over time from flex. Both are equally important to get on the "to do" list to prevent major repairs in future if an "oops" happens.

Rick

#24 ·
Given how new your machine is I would do fronts before rear. The front mounts twist and break from hitting unknowns like root, stumps, etc. The rears are know to crack over time from flex. Both are equally important to get on the "to do" list to prevent major repairs in future if an "oops" happens.

Rick
I’ve got an 06 sportsman 500 will the front a arm brace work on my machine ? ! Need some kind of brace BAD

#5 ·
Thanks Rick. I will order both as soon as I get back home in a few months. Also want the differential fix at the same time

#6 ·
Reason I asked is I must of looked over the rear ones, I already order front diff cover and front a arm frame braces haha, guess I will put in another order for the rears

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I just ordered the braces n pinion cover. My son ordered me a clutch kit two days ago from rvs. When I get time to go home for a few days I will have everything I need to finish it up. Only problem I have is no time to ride

#8 ·
Quick question! In the middle of doing this! Can you install the very front brace with a polaris winch installed??

#9 ·
I was able to on my 2015 850. I remember it being a tight fit but it worked.

#10 ·
Anybody with 1000xp

#11 ·
Nobody?

#12 ·
I removed the winch to install then reinstalled as I recall. Pretty sure I read somewhere to do this. Try a search and see what you find.

#13 ·
Alright, how the mount is made I was worried I would go through all the work to remove winch and install braces and then not be able to reinstall winch

#14 ·
Nobody has installed cecco braces on a 1000xp with a winch for sure? Really don't want to take winch off without knowing it will work

#15 · (Edited)
Doesnt EVERY xp 1000 come with a winch?
Mine did.
Why would they make a product for the machine that wouldn't fit without removing a very important feature???

Either way. My front and rear braces will be here in less than a week.
Ill post back to confirm installation.

#16 ·
Doesnt EVERY xp 1000 come with a winch?
Mine did.
If every XP machine does come with a winch, why would they make a product for the machine that wouldn't fit without removing a very important feature???

Either way. My front and rear braces will be here in less than a week.
Ill post back to confirm installation.
I hope you're right, but these were originally made for the 850s I believe and they do not all come with a winch, either way I hope they work, will probably try to install tomorrow to verify if nobody chimes in.

#17 · (Edited)
#18 ·
You are correct there are two models but my point is the link you attached, the braces fit the 550, 850, and 1000xp and to my understanding they did not all come with winches.

#19 ·
I just installed the ceeco frame braces front and rear on my 15 xp 1000 and they DO fit with the winch , make sure you order the correct braces for the front (2015-2017) and all is good and easy to install

#20 ·
Thanks for the reply! I do have the correct ones, I installed the rear front brace already. Thanks again!

#21 ·
Received mine today. Only problem is my 1000 and the braces are 8 hours away from me at home. May two to three months before i have a chance to head home n install them.

#22 ·
Installed the very front one today after taking the winch off and reinstalling it

#23 ·
Just got my front and rear braces from Cecco in the mail today(Fast USPS Shipping!!:eek). Probably put them on tomorrow.
Information from this thread and others helped push me into getting them before something bad does happen.

#27 ·
really??? do share!!!

#29 ·
ok great thanks polman and any other re-enforcements you did to the frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.