Polaris ATV Forum banner

2017 xp 1000 le top speed ?

35K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  trusselo 
#1 ·
Anyone with a new 2017 xp 1000 sportsman what are you seeing for top speed ?

Took mine out yesterday and was pretty sure was banging rev limiter at 120kmh on paved rd. Didn't get a chance to look at rpms though. Only have 4 hrs on bike and just gave it a quick crack down rd. Was 90% sure was in performance mode not standard

Do they have any kind of break in mode like sleds. ?
From what Ive heard this bike should approach near 80mph stock ?

Was hoping not to have to reflash ecm yet or re-clutch ? Yes i know it not a race quad but we do a lot of high speed forestry roads, i get it. But i bought a 1000 for a reason

Can tell you one thing this thing pulls like a bear from 80 km/hr roll on to 120.

I know there is a speed limiter in work mode of 70km/hr, is there a limiter in standard mode ?

thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
82mph out of mine on a flat stretch of highway with little to no wind.

#20 ·
120 km/h is right at 75mph. Youre machine is new and probably will improve with miles

#6 ·
I've had my 2015 1000 Touring up close to 85 (tires pumped up fairly firm), not sure exactly where because my eyes were glued to the road :) I've heard claimed that it's speed limited to 86.

#7 ·
I found my 2015 to be quite squirely over 100 km/h with the stock tires. didnt push it much higher for more than a few seconds. plenty of throttle left.

however... with my new 29" radials... hahaha. doing over 100 km/h on (or off) road is AMAZING!!!

120 km/h easy.

add high flow exhaust and intake..... flash PCM... nos/ turbo... you'll be able to generate 1.21 Giggawats to take you back to the future.

#8 ·
I found my 2015 to be quite squirely over 100 km/h with the stock tires. didnt push it much higher for more than a few seconds. plenty of throttle left.

however... with my new 29" radials... hahaha. doing over 100 km/h on (or off) road is AMAZING!!!

120 km/h easy.

add high flow exhaust and intake..... flash PCM... nos/ turbo... you'll be able to generate 1.21 Giggawats to take you back to the future.

Part is psychological. When you change the diameter of the wheel size you impact the speedometer.

These machines need to tire revs per mile programmed in the ECU to calculate speed. Changing tire diameters changes the speedo.

Older units are not that way, but still calculate similarly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I haven't done so on a more recent model, but back on my older machines I added an additional hole in the rotor ring that matched the speed sensor and the speedo did respond.

#14 ·
When I send my computer in to get flashed with a performance fuel mapping I will see if they can also adjust my tire size, since in the new models it's all done inside the computer

#15 ·
Top speed update xp 1000 , and question ?

Well ran it down the road yesterday, in performance mode. Seen 125 km/hr =78 mph.

Happy with that, started to get a little squarely at that speed. There was a little left but was close to rpm limiter which i believe is set at 7550-7600 rpm

my question is if i was to install a clutch kit do they come with more clutch weight where it would get me away from rev limiter but still maintain my top end and hope fully crack the 80mph mark ?

I know if i get the ecm reflashed it will bump the the rev limiter by how much not sure ?

Or after warranty expires bite the bullet and do both ?

Anyone that has clutched and or re-flashed their xp 1000's is there a noticeable improvement in seat of the paints performance overall that makes the $800 investment worth it ?

#16 ·
Well ran it down the road yesterday, in performance mode. Seen 125 km/hr =78 mph.

Happy with that, started to get a little squarely at that speed. There was a little left but was close to rpm limiter which i believe is set at 7550-7600 rpm

my question is if i was to install a clutch kit do they come with more clutch weight where it would get me away from rev limiter but still maintain my top end and hope fully crack the 80mph mark ?

I know if i get the ecm reflashed it will bump the the rev limiter by how much not sure ?

Or after warranty expires bite the bullet and do both ?

Anyone that has clutched and or re-flashed their xp 1000's is there a noticeable improvement in seat of the paints performance overall that makes the $800 investment worth it ?
well sad things first. there is no clutch kit or ecu flash for 2017s yet...

but for when there is...
The clutch kit will make the bike accelerate faster. you will hit the limit quicker. and can pop a wheelie with oversized tires while hitting that rev limiter faster!
ecu flash... at 450$ per flash... I would do last after increasing your intake and exhaust.
read this...
Sportsman 1000 ECU tuning

and this...
Dalton | Polaris ATV / UTV Products DP 1000

#22 ·
Xp 1000 le top speed update

Out on week end on flat hwy bouncing off rev limiter, 83 mph on speedo. Will have to confirm with gps as well to see if any error in speedo.

Its fast, thats all I can say. Going up hill on hwy that the grizzly used to do 55 mph I was doing 76 mph and still climbing

Good except for recall now on power steering software that was just released.

#23 ·
Out on week end on flat hwy bouncing off rev limiter, 83 mph on speedo. Will have to confirm with gps as well to see if any error in speedo.

Its fast, thats all I can say. Going up hill on hwy that the grizzly used to do 55 mph I was doing 76 mph and still climbing

Good except for recall now on power steering software that was just released.
you can use this online calculator to see stock vs Oversized speedo change

Calculator - Speedometer Adjustment for Tire Size Change | Interco Tire

#30 ·
** depending on rider weight.
120 lbs. rider vs 300 lbs. rider....?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.