Polaris ATV Forum banner

2004 700 EFI running poor after heating up

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mortprdmc 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Sportsman 700 EFI that runs great when cold but after it has been ridden long enough for it to heat up it chokes out and finally gets to where it wont even pull itself sometimes cuts off as well. I have turned the key off & started it back, after that it'll run good for a little while longer & choke out again. Recently replaced the plugs, fuel filter, & air filter. I think its down to a fuel pump or an electrical/sensor type deal... Tired of spending money & getting no results!! Please help me find a solution.

#3 ·
If you are going for a fuel pump ,go to any parts store and ask for a fuel pump for a 92 Hyundai sonata..I forget the part number,but it works..It is the exact same part number,so therefore same pump..For 75 dollars you can't go wrong..You just have to take the whole front of the quad apart to get to it..However vs 500 dollars for a Polaris fuel tank. I think it's a no brainer.. Hope this helps..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.