Polaris ATV Forum banner

bleeding brakes procedure 2014 polaris sportsman

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  400H0 
#1 ·
the only video I could find online was for a 850.

the 2014 sportsman 400 HO has two bleeder screws on the rear brake caliper.

wtf is the two bleeder screws for,

and does anyone have the bleeding procedure,

one master cylinder on the front I'm assuming for the front brakes, one under the seat for the rear brakes.

cannot figure out why tf there are two bleeder screws on the rear caliper,

cannot find a service manual anywhere online, anyone have a good link, video , or procedure?

the reason Ive drained the brake fluid is because my rear brake pedal seems to have gotten a loose feeling to it, I tried adjusting the rod, and it didnt help with the feel.

the rear brake was crappy to begin with, the brake pads are still goood.

anyone came up with a aftermarket, or better rear brake?

I mostly just use my front brake,

maybe flushing the brake fluid will help with the pedal feel on the rear brake.

2014 polaris sportsman 400 HO

See less See more
#2 ·
Two bleeders are for the two independent systems. Front handle bar lever controls front and rear braking. The floorboard pedal just controls the rear.

There is an adjustment on the brake pads. The manual calls for the adjustment caliper screw to be tightened until the pad is touching the rotor. Then back the adjustment scree off 180°.

As for bleeding the front master cylinder start at the right rear and work counter clockwise.

#3 ·
brake pads

I had to remove a screw to remove the rear brake pads from the caliper,

where is the adjustment caliper screw located?

which bleeder screw is for the front, and which is for the rear, and are both of them located on the rear caliper.

why does the rear caliper have two bleeder screws?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.