Polaris ATV Forum banner

2007 sportsman X2 800, electrical problems

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  smazzoni12345 
#1 ·
Need some guidiance on a problem with my 800 x2,first off this past hunting season,I really put a load on the winch and elect system, winching a 300 lb bear up a steep hill, most of the time during the winching the batt lite would flash but the engine continued to run with no problems, after hunting season was over I stored the x2 in the garage until this week,went out to start it and the battery was dead,so put a 2amp trickle charge on the battery still installed in the X2, went back to start it and the solenoid would only click charged it again went back to check and the unit did not show any indication of power, so I figured with the age of the stock battery and the load I put on it during hunting season that the batt was done, put a new batt in, fully charged. I still do not have any indication of power on the machine nothing works,any suggestions would be greatley appreciated.

#2 ·
have you checked the fuse panel under the small door in your front box?there is a 20 amp fuse for accessory power and a 20 amp for chasis power.also there is a 5 amp for the ecu and guage pod.

#5 ·
Selenoid was clicking so I put in a new solenoid it worked let it sit for a couple of weeks it was real cold out turned key nothing jumped the solenoid and starter worked and running recharged battery gel battery shutdown same thing nothing when turning key jump solenoid it started problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.