Polaris ATV Forum banner

Winch mounts for 2012s?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ollllllly 
#1 ·
Anybody making them or know where to get one for a 2012 500 HO? Are they the same as the 2011s?

Need a mount and soon.

Thanks for any help provided.

Z-Rider

#5 ·
Polaris mounts are the same for 11's and 12's, I used an 11 mount on a 12 last week. However other things don't fit, like front bumpers

#6 · (Edited)
I know this is an older thread but thought I'd correct you so others don't get confused. I put a 2011 Polaris bumper on my brand new 2012 500 HO last week. It was what my dealer had in stock and he wasn't sure if it would work so he sold it to me at a discount. It mounted up perfect. The front box opens and everything.

#7 ·
How did you get the bracket to work on the 11, with the way the cargo box opens now? Curious because if you found a way I would like to use up some of the 11 bumpers we have left at work on 12's

#8 ·
I didn't change anything, the box does have a little resistance when opening but it doesn't stop it from opening all the way. When I was at the dealer I knew it would work because my buddy has a 11' 500 HO and we looked and compared his bumper with the mounting points on mine and they were the same.

When I mounted it the only bolts I had to remove were the two on the box hinge and I re-used those. The plate slid under the boxes hinge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.