Polaris ATV Forum banner

Installing heated grips and thumb warmer

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chguide 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I got my ATV used and it came with a switch for the thumb warmer and one for the heated grips. The other night with my dad's help (he better at wiring than me) we did the 3 light mod. To get enough room we had to disconnect the thumb warmer switch, and didn't think of taking a picture of where each wire went. :pat:

I would now like to wire both the hand warmer and thumb warmer together. I have no instructions for doing so. I'm assuming this can be done because you can now buy heated grips and thumb warmer kits with only one control.

Could someone give me some sort of instructions or help?

Thanks

#2 ·
I've installed several heated grip/thumb warmer kits and in each case, the the thumb warmer element was just wired in parallel with the right hand grip (rather than in series). A couple of the kits had connectors that did this as part of the installation, while the add-on thumb only kit just said to wire it like that. I have to say that the thumb warmer element is very small and has never made any noticable difference to me, especially when wearing gloves. - MarkC

#3 ·
Ok thanks I've found some instructions on installing grips, so hopefully they will can give me a good place to start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.