Polaris ATV Forum banner

Stock Polaris heated Grips...mistake??

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bobx2 
#1 ·
I ordered the polaris heated grips for my 800. I'm thinking that it was a mistake. How does one get the stock grips off, install the heated grips ( thin sheet of tin foil material with coils, without it being ripped up and getting the grips on without cutting? I'm thinking I should have gotten the aftermarket ones that are built in. Anyone have any experience with these or ideas as what I should do? Thanks

#4 ·
yea like the others said compressed air worked like a charm for me

#6 ·
Put the tip of the air hose in the hole that is in the end of your grip. Plug the hole in the end of the opposite grip with your finger and turn on the air. The three that I have done actually blew the grip off the bars. To install the grips, just do the same in reverse order. It is much easier to do this with two people, especially putting the grips back on. If you have the grips with the heaters built into them with the hard plastic inside, spray the bars and the inside of the grip with WD-40 and they will slide right on. Let it sit over night and they are ready to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.