Polaris ATV Forum banner

Full-Time 4X4 ? Is it possible ?

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  tophvytoy 
#1 ·
I'm a new Polaris owner but have owned many atv's over the years. I love both xp's overall but have one gripe. The on-demand system seems to work well in most cases. However, I have noticed that while trail riding on a slick trail (snow) the machine is quite squerly. The 4x4 system engages when you give it throttle but when just cruising it is squirly. My question being; does anybody know if there is a way to wire or enable the 4x4 when needed or wanted. Thx for any advise.

#4 ·
I noticed the samething on my 2009 500HO...i was taking a ride in 20 inches of snow tonight and crossing some roads and noticed the samething even with the 26 inch zillas,i just held on.....!!!!!I have no complaints about it....but it did get squirley.MUDDIE49

#5 ·
The On Demand system functions with a Hillard Clutch in the front diff. It is designed to not engage unless the back spins. It functions like a one way clutch. There is no way of locking it in full time, if it does it is malfunctioning, some on this board has actually been having problems with this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.