backfire under deceleration
Just got back from checkning my feeders. On the way out of the woods my 2006 sportsman 500 x2 was backfiring out the exhaust under deceleration. Did it three or four times, but won't do it every time. Had the quad for about 18 months. Recent work had nothing to do with the engine (propshaft u-joints, rear brake master, right ball joint). I was in no water today, but did get stuck in the river last weekend...but probably road for an hour afterward with no problem. Had no problem on the way into the woods today...just on the way out. Going to pull the plug and put a new air filter on. Any input on the cause of this? Would the need for a valve adjustment do this?
Quad has 3500sh miles on it. I put about 1000 of those on it.
2008 Sportsman 300
- Purchased in 2012 with 25 hours on it
- UNI air filter
- Polaris 1500 winch
2011 X2 550
- Purchased in 2012 with 58 hours on it
- Viper 3500 winch
- Front lock and ride storage box
- Bighorn 2s all around
2012 RZR 570
- Purchased Dec 2013
- Viper Elite 3500 winch.
- Cooter Brown top
- EMP rear window
- Totron 30" curved spot light bar
2006 X2 500 (sold)
- Purchased in 2011 with 250sh hours and 2500sh miles
- 26" Trilobite HD tires on 12" SS108 rims
- Cabela's (Warn RT) 2500 winch
- Front rack extender
- Front brush guard
Last edited by Boburk; 05-06-2013 at 03:16 AM.