Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman

Polaris Sportsman Discussions for the Polaris Sportsman 90, 300, 355, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 700, 800, 850

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #4373
Exclamation crazy vibration

When driving around the yard today I got a crazy vibration almost sounds like heat sheild on exhaust but it is tight. Then when I first fired it up and backd out gotta vibration on the left rear first fibration is front and right near the motor ne ideas
Old 04-25-2010, 03:27 PM

Member #4022
Im no expert but i got back from riding last week and had a real weird vibration. I looked on this site and found that the belt might be bad. Ordered another one and installed it yesterday. Vibration gone. Just wanted to let you know. The vibration was not real bad but bad enough to be concerned. It started out when you were going slow but kind of went away once you went faster. Maybe this is your problem? Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:33 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsman700 View Post
Im no expert but i got back from riding last week and had a real weird vibration. I looked on this site and found that the belt might be bad. Ordered another one and installed it yesterday. Vibration gone. Just wanted to let you know. The vibration was not real bad but bad enough to be concerned. It started out when you were going slow but kind of went away once you went faster. Maybe this is your problem? Hope this helps.
Yes but would it be the front one or rear one. I also went through some serious mud. should I Drain the belt case?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1634
Send a message via Yahoo to chopper89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Quote:
Yes but would it be the front one or rear one. I also went through some serious mud. should I Drain the belt case?
i would just mine 2 cents.
POLARIS GUN CASE
POLARIS FRONT AND REAR LOCK AND RIDE STORAGE
POLARIS FRONT AND REAR GRILL GUARDS
ITP T7 BEADLOCK RIMS
ITP 27 XTR TIRES
RICOCHET A ARM GUARDS

Old 04-25-2010, 05:20 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper89 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
i would just mine 2 cents.
drain it and think it will be fine ?? Sorry I am new to the ATV world
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1634
to drain it you will have to take the cover off and when you do that inspect your belt, usauly just from driving them they dry out but there might be water still inside the cover. and if your belt is bad they give off a bad vibration feels like the machine is gonna fly apart. if its hourglassed from slipping it gives a slight vibe and this might be what your feeling too. look at the sides and see if there the same width. if you see a diffrence in one part from the other thats hour glass wear if your missing lugs thats the usaul its wear out. if you see any of this time for new belt. there about 75 bucks.
POLARIS GUN CASE
ITP T7 BEADLOCK RIMS
ITP 27 XTR TIRES
RICOCHET A ARM GUARDS

Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper89 View Post
to drain it you will have to take the cover off and when you do that inspect your belt, usauly just from driving them they dry out but there might be water still inside the cover. and if your belt is bad they give off a bad vibration feels like the machine is gonna fly apart. if its hourglassed from slipping it gives a slight vibe and this might be what your feeling too. look at the sides and see if there the same width. if you see a diffrence in one part from the other thats hour glass wear if your missing lugs thats the usaul its wear out. if you see any of this time for new belt. there about 75 bucks.
so is it just bolts that hold the cover on? no special tool needed and i ahve seen them online for like 35
Old 04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1634
sounds right for aftermarket I was talking a polaris belt. no special tools you will have to pull the rear fenders and footrest out and there like a dozen or more torx head bolts that hold it on cant remember the exact size like a 25 0r 20. to get the belt off you gotta pull straight up real hard and you will see the clutch plates seperate and then you can spin off your belt when you get enough slack.
POLARIS GUN CASE
ITP T7 BEADLOCK RIMS
ITP 27 XTR TIRES
RICOCHET A ARM GUARDS

Last edited by chopper89; 04-25-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:51 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #4373
should i just try driaing water first then tear into it. also what about the noise coming from the right side near my leg of the motor exhaust?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1634
Cool

Quote:
should i just try driaing water first then tear into it. also what about the noise coming from the right side near my leg of the motor exhaust?
thats were the belt is at under that cover. and to get the water out if you got some in there you will have to take it off. if you can change the oil in your car you can change a belt. its not as hard as it looks, you gotta tear half the plastics off but once you do it its no big deal. well that is if you got the tools?
POLARIS GUN CASE
ITP T7 BEADLOCK RIMS
ITP 27 XTR TIRES
RICOCHET A ARM GUARDS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman

Search tags for this page
05 polaris ranger problems bad vibration
09 polaris ranger vibration
polaris engine vibration
polaris ranger 800 vibration

polaris ranger engine vibration

polaris ranger vibration

polaris ranger vibration noise
polaris ranger vibration problem

polaris ranger vibration problems

polaris sportsman vibration
sportsman 800 engine vibration
vibration in my polaris ranger
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.