Well I tackled this over the weekend with full success! Once I got the foot brake removed and the recoil off access improved. Driveshaft was rather easy to remove, tapped out the roll pin and slid towards the rear of the machine. Got the front of the shaft free and wiggled it out. I then carefully screwed in a 10x1" screw into the metal portion of the seal and was then able to grab it with pliers and ply it out. Came out easier than expected, but I didn't realize there was still more oil in it. The rest came out quickly after removal. Cleaned up the contact point of the seal and put a light amount of grease on the new seal. I slid it over the shaft and got it into position. Once in place I used a 6" long piece of 2" pvc pipe and tapped it with a hammer to set the seal into the case.
I used the Polaris fluid to fill it back up, but will try 5w20 synth oil when I change the fluid next.
'06 Sportsman 800, QSC Clutch kit, Uni Air filter, Electrical Goodies, 27' Mud Lite xl
'03 XCSP 800, 121x1.5" Ripsaw, 3" Riser, Custom Clutching
'98 5.9L ZJ, Cam, Thorely Headers, 3" Exhasust, Intake, SCT Tuned, 3.5" IRO Lift, 32" Toyo's
'87 Mazda RX7 TII, Fast stuff 'n shit