Polaris ATV Forum banner

Got bit by the T-BAP connector

16K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Treacherous 
#1 · (Edited)
Got bit by the T-BAP connector on my 700

I went to go on a ride with my 700 this afternoon and noticed check engine light was turned on but it was running fine. I drove a little further and then turned off and pulled code. I got a code 45 so I figured it was probably T-BAP. It ran with really weak power after restarting. I got back to cabin and checked T-BAP connector and immediately noticed one wire was broke off right at the connector.

I had this problem years ago before Polaris acknowledged it and then put on the factory repair kit around 2005 or 2006. It has been good until now. I did real trail fix here to get me by until "aftermarket" connector gets here. I'm not gonna use the Polaris kit again. I used a cable twist tie and stripped wire off both ends and then put one end down into the connector and then ran it out the side of connector and connected with a wire nut. This will get me by for a week or so until I can get the repair part. It works fine now. There is no easy way to solder this as it is a clean break at the connector.

I ordered one of these aftermarket connectors.

Only The Best

See less See more
#4 ·
nice repair job. my t bap was showing signs of ware so that immediately sent me investigating other possible problem areas in the harness, and i found some. mostly ware due to loom rubbing on the insulation. i bought another harness and rebuilt it to my specs. im def not pleased with the quality of the conductors or insulation of my harness. if my solution doesnt prove successful then i mite just build my own harness out of quality wire.

#5 ·
that tbap harness is a pain I had mine break 3 times on my Ranger 700xp over 6 years even after replacing with the higher quality harness and clip. The vibration and movement from the rubber intake obviously is the problem. I zipped tided and taped mine in some key areas and it seemed to fix the issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.