Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman

Polaris Sportsman Discussions for the Polaris Sportsman 90, 300, 355, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 700, 800, 850

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:53 PM

Member #5966
Anyone Know How to Register a Serious Complaint with Polaris???

I have tried their customer service email and I get a typical canned response and I am getting very frustrated and Polaris' lack of response or concern is pushing me to wish that I bought a Can-Am or a Honda. I went with them because of the "good reputation".

Let me give a little history...(this is an email I sent to Polaris)

"On December 2008 I bought my son a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 300 and December 2009 I bought myself a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500. Since then I have had to take my sons 300 into the dealer for 3 repairs. I have also had to have my 500 into the dealer to repair a warranty piece as well. For a first time buyer I am a little upset at the service record, both of which have under 40 hours of runtime."

My first issue with my son's 300 is that it is blowing fuses. Since i got my son's 300 back from the shop, he took it out for 15 mintues, it started to bog down so he parked it. I went to check it the next day and now it is blowing fuses constantly. I had to take it in on the last repair check for the same thing as well as water in the air intake. There is something wrong and it is costing me some money,

My second issue is that, as mentioned above, he keeps getting water into the air intake. The first time was when he went high speed through about 6 inches of water. The second time he was more careful and he went through about 10 inches but not as fast. He loves his machine but he too is getting disappointed, especially when his friends can plow through water and mud and not have any issues.

I complained to my dealer and he said that he contacted Polaris and they said that was a "known defect" and not much i could do about.

Does anyone else have this problem???

I thought ATVs were built to do stuff like that.

Someone please help!!
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #858
Bud i had the same problem....bad axle took it back 5 times....Finally i called customer service...they said find another dealer in your area...i did it was a 30 mile hike no problem...they checked it, fixed no problem since...the quad was a month old 25 miles on it...So...what i'd do call customer service and thier tell you where to take it in your area...also make sure you have all your papers from the dealer you took it too...and make sure they recorded all your compliants...my dealer said he recorded, only to find out he never did...so he lost my business and i bought another atv at the dealer that fixed my 500 HO...so its ussally not Polaris its your suxazz dealer...So complain to service customer and have them call another dealer for you...get it all setup that your not paying another dime because it was never fixed thier make good sometimes you have to go off...to get it done right...thats what i did...Muddie49
2" Ez install lift kit
26inch Zillas & 14 inch ITP wheels ..
Front &Rear Extenders
Polaris hand guards
K&N airfilter box system
My FenderGuards
EPI Clutch System. 2010 camo
SunPro Temp gauge. 550xp Sportsman
Xbow Gripper mount
~DOWN&DIRTY~
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Sportsman

Search tags for this page
atv complaints
how to file a complaint with polaris

polaris atv complaints

polaris atv customer service

polaris complaint

polaris complaint department

polaris complaints

polaris consumer complaint
polaris consumer complaints
polaris customer complaints

polaris customer service complaints

polaris dealer complaint
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.