Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Trail Blazer

Polaris Trail Blazer Discussions pertaining to the Polaris Trail Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 07:21 PM

Member #1173
Carb settings needed and Carb issues

i need the pilot air adjustments please.

Heres my carb issue: sometimes my bike's carb will stick and run at like half throttle. Itll freak me out so i kill the ignition and the bike still runs (think its dieseling). The cable itsself isnt sticking so i know its an internal thing. Think its either my floats or my pilot air. I notice alot of the time the bike idles higher then normal and the idle adjustment doesnt seem to bring it down. I know its idling high because it grinds the gears. Ive only ran this bike like 3 times and twice the throttle was funny.

Move the needle down, reset the floats or the pilot. What do you guys think?>>
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #552
What year and model is your machine?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM

Member #1173
2003 trailblazer. I started it today and the bike takes a while to come down when u rev it. All of this is occuring in neutral btw. I played with the float for a lil while ago because when i first got it, it overflowed the bowls. I adjusted it slightly to compensate.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Member #1173
ALLLRIGHT!!!! Found my 2 issues. Heres what i got to get my bike to run

Took the carb back apart. Found a bit of dirt AROUND my main jet so i cleaned that. Didnt effect performance. However, what i did fine was a bit of dirt in the secondary jet. A standard needle from clothing cleaned that hole right up.

I went to Mikuni's website and roughly based my carb around settings from this manual

http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

Measure the tip of the float plate to the body of the carb where the gasket sits(remove gasket if u can) height wise as descibed. I used 16mm on a caliper(19.99 at Harbour Freight). Reassembled the carb and set the pilot air to 2.50 turns out. i left the idle screw all the way out. Bike starts and runs but still idles high.

Found an adjustment at the handle bars for the throttle cable. loosened that and Fixed my High idle problem. When i moved the throttle cable a bit it would cause the engine to rev so i zip tied it down. Also i ran the idle screw back in untill it started to rev the bike up a bit (so now the idle screw is actually doing something) and turned the bike back down a hair at the handle bars.

No problems!

P.S. I also converted the bike to mix fuel. I drained the oil tank at the tank and plugged the line with a screw and some zip ties (i know its ghetto but it works). I plugged it because i thought it could create a vacuum issue. I am running 40:1 and it runs fine with a decent amount of smoke. I converted it because i dont trust oil injection (fails on blasters who knows about trailblazers!) and because now i just mix one jug of fuel for my banshee and TB. Oh, and BTW, No extra screws left over
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #25160
where do I locate the pilot ait to adjust it? Also, I tried going to the Mikuni website and it was garbage for finding my carb, all they had was new carbs...
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22343
Air screw is one turn out from lightly seated. Main jet #130, pilot #40, float height is brass arm parallel to gasket surface.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM

Member #25240
Here is the image right out of the factory Polaris 2003 Trail Blazer service manual.

Last edited by dirtbilly; 01-24-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #11982
Loosen handle bar adjust ment so there is 1/8 inch of slack at thumb throttle., only 2 screws on a 2 stroke carb, one is idle the other is pilot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Trail Blazer

Search tags for this page
2000 polaris trailblazer 250 carb setting
250 polaris carburetor problems
carburetor settings for 2003 polaris trailblazer 250
how to adjust carb on 2003 trailblazer 2 stroke
how to adjust carb on polaris 250 trailblazer
how to adjust idle on polaris trailblazer
polaris 250 carb adjustment

polaris trailblazer 250 carb adjustment

polaris trailblazer 250 carb settings
polaris trailblazer 250 carburetor adjustment
polaris trailblazer 250 idle adjustment
where the idle screw on a polaris trailblazer
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.