Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Trail Blazer

Polaris Trail Blazer Discussions pertaining to the Polaris Trail Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #4665
Send a message via MSN to shane-o
rear axle bearing adjustable ?

my 2001 trailblazer is slightly loose in the rear axle bearing i was wondering if they are tapered roller bearing like the trailboss 335 ? or are the a ball bearing with no adjustablility ? i need to get a manual figured id ask before i rip it apart to check it out
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #1234
tapered roller..........and if they have been in there awhile they may be a lil seized on the shaft. you can try resetting the preload but,it may be time for new ones
Old 05-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #4665
thanks man ill have a lok new ones are cheap so i may just replace so i know they r good and wont chew up my housing is the adjustment nuts under the sproket hub ? it lks as if the hub slides over the nut and has a snapring holding it in place ?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #1234
after you get the snap ring off , you may have to use some penetrating oil and a few taps to get the collar loose,as they tend to seize on the adjuster nut. you might have to use a dull chisel in between the collar and sprocket to push the collar off.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #4665
ok so ive removed both snap rings soaked them with penetrating oil and no luck does the brake disc side come off or the sproket side the sproket hub is loose but dont seem to slide out where the brake disc is seized to the nut so my question does the brake disc side slide off or the sproket hub slide off ?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #4665
alright so i figured out and goter off now does any one know the bearing numbers lol ? i cant get any for 3 weeks and was wondering if id be able to get my own bearings as o, told they are timken which i can get through work
Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #4665
so i know this was a week er so ago but i got my beairng s tightened up with no problems i checked for pits and cracks in the bearings they looked like new so i just set the preload so far so good thanks for the help !
Old 06-06-2010, 03:56 PM

Member #5317
hello, hate to thread jack on my first post but can you tell me how you ended up getting the bearings out\off the axle? I've got mine down to the sprocket hub on one side and the brake thing on the other. I'm just a little hesitant to get a big hammer and knock it off with a chisel or whatever. any help would be apprciated!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #4665
no worries on jackin the post im done lol and i had to hammer the axle out of the bearings if you can hit on the inner races of the bearing this will help you not to destroy them once the axle is out one bearing will still be on the axle tap it on the inner race around in a circle slowly work it out ....mine werent actually that tight so wasnt to bad guess depends on how long they have been with no lube ? im guessing from your post you have the rear axle nuts and stuff off just cant get the axle out of the carrier/bearings? hope this helkps any more questions just asker up
Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 PM

Member #9582
taking my axle out too

Hi, I have 2 2005 TB's. Have one axle almost torn apart...which is easiest?..taking axle out from brake side or sprocket side? I'm having problems getting the sprocket hub off...have the slip ring out and have looked at a diagram on bikebandit...I guess it needs to be hammered off???I dont see anything else keeping it on there. I have to do this to both machines so i dont want to brake anything I dont have to

thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris Trail Blazer

Search tags for this page
2000 polaris trailblazer 250 rear bearing part numbers

2004 polaris tailblazer axle bearing diagram

how to chage rear bearing on 2009 polaris 330trail blazer

how to remove rear axle 00 polaris trailblazer

how to remove rear axle on polaris trailblazer

how to take apart bearings on a 2006 polaris trailblazer

how to tighten axle nut on polaris scrambler

polaris 250 trailblazer rear axle

polaris 330 axle bearing forum

polaris trailblazer 250 rear axle removal

polaris trailblazer rear bearings

should scrambler 500 axle have any play before tightening axle nut
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.