Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris XP

Polaris XP The Polaris XP Forum. Discussions covering the new Polaris Sportsman XP 850/550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 AM

Member #15427
snow blade for 850XP

Well im looking to get a snow blade for my 850. any ideas on whats the best blade for the money and what size is good for the 850 60" or bigger??

Thanks for any help..
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #8077
Send Thor a PM.

2011 Red Touring 850
Ricochet A-Arm guards
25.5 Pit Bull Rockers, KFI Winch and Mount, Guru Cobra's front and rear
Old 09-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #1219
Call me at the shop. Much easier to talk vs type. Thor

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2012 Sportsman 850XP Orange Madness. TheATVSuperStore.com lock and ride rear box, 60" American Eagle Plow w/ETS, Collett headsets, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack built in front box, Orange Ricochet A Arm Guards, 26" STI Black Diamond XTR tires on HD3 Wheels, TheATVSuperStore Helmet & HID lights all from www.TheATVSuperStore.com
Old 09-23-2011, 07:40 PM

Member #15427
Thor i will give you a call Monday if thats good for you.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #208
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

Well...well...humm...where is the knowledge base for other enthusiasts with a "call" .vs info provided within this thread???

IMHO...this is a good question...that many others could benefit from.

...just my .02

biz
2011 Sportsman 550 Touring EPS -- Wifie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sold 2009 Sportsman XP 850 Sold
Purchase date: May 2009
Sold date: December 2010
======== ===========
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriustock View Post
Well im looking to get a snow blade for my 850. any ideas on whats the best blade for the money and what size is good for the 850 60" or bigger??

Thanks for any help..
I would go with an aftermarket plow system and stay away from the PoPo plows. Eagle is my choice, but there are some other good ones... like Warn.

The 60" blade is probably ideal.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:37 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #5005
60in warn with power pivot
Pure polaris lock & ride tall windshield
Pure polaris lock & ride gun scabbard
Pure polaris steel rear rack extender
ITP terra cross tires
Maxxis RAZR 4 speeds
UNI air filter
oury grips
RATH racing pre runner style chromoly bumper (front)
Ricochet Skid Plate (chassis)
Hot seat performance hypershift clutch kit
SSI decal kit
Powermadd handguard factory rider.

For any of your performance needs I would go with only Hotseat performance. I dont work for them just love there GREAT service and their amazing products[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by biz4two View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

Well...well...humm...where is the knowledge base for other enthusiasts with a "call" .vs info provided within this thread???

IMHO...this is a good question...that many others could benefit from.

...just my .02

biz
Okay Biz4two make me type up a storm! If you want a front mount system the Warn ProVantage is the better of the two regarding design. The American Eagle system is stronger and a tad bit more expensive but with the front mount kit you loose about 3.5 inches of front ground clearance. This issue is only on the 550 & 850 XP. . The front mount systems give you more plow blade height for pushing snow higher and are easier to install but give more ware & tear on the front of the unit. Also note with the Warn ProVantage you MUST USE A WARN WINCH MOUNT OR POLARIS OEM WINCH MOUNT!!! They are the only ones that have the correct holes for mounting the plow mount too.

The best belly mount system is the American Eagle. Again it is the strongest of the 2 systems. It has a very unique mounting plate. It is a 2 stage mount. There is a plate that stays on the unit all year long. Then below it is a V plate with a quick connecting system. No pins needed. The push just clamps on the V plate. When winter is over all you do is loose 4 blots and the V plate slides off giving you more ground clearance. The belly mount system is much better for the quad. The weight is distributed amount 4 tires vs 2 on the front mount. The bad. Less blade light lift and you have to get on your knees to install.

As for blade size. I would never go with anything less then a 54". The reason for this is when you are plowing with a blade on a angel and you have a 50" you quad is now wider than the blade. The tires are now sticking outside the blade in the snow making a mess. The reason to plow on a angel is for better clean up and keeping the snow to one side. A very important part of plowing when you are working with snow drifts and want to make a barrier. I prefer the 60" my self. If you see in the photo below I have my blade on a angel. Even with a 60 inch and full angle there is only about 2 inches of blade sticking out past the tires.

Also one last thing. Those who also want to get our Guru Cobra front brush guard. We have a special design for this bumper to work with the Warn front mount system. Just let me know when ordering and we will make you the correct bumper to fit with the plow. Also remember tires are a very important part of plowing. I have found that the Grim Reaper is by far one of the best tires for snow plowing with its unique tread pattern. With the correct tire you can just about anywhere. Here is a pic of me plowing 24" of snow last year. This could not be done with stock tires.

Also don't forget about the straight vs country blade options. The Country blade is higher on the one side & is more for speed and thorwing the snow further. It is weighs more. Most people dont need this blade. The standard is more than fine.

I always like to talk to people before they order a system. It is important to know where you live, what else you will be doing with the system, your physical abilities+ +. This way you get the correct system needed the first time. I had a gentleman call me last week. He just purchased a 850xp & wanted a plow. After some time of the phone I found that he was in a chair. For this man a Warn front mount with the full power pivot was the only way to to. He did not even know of this option before talking to me. What a joy I heard in his voice that he had called and was able to taking to someone who knew all about he products they sold & were able to help him with his needs.

I hope this helps? Anyone here on the forum feel free to call me at the shop with any questions!

Happy plowing!!!!!

Thor

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2012 Sportsman 850XP Orange Madness. TheATVSuperStore.com lock and ride rear box, 60" American Eagle Plow w/ETS, Collett headsets, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack built in front box, Orange Ricochet A Arm Guards, 26" STI Black Diamond XTR tires on HD3 Wheels, TheATVSuperStore Helmet & HID lights all from www.TheATVSuperStore.com
Old 09-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #16411
Thanks, Thor. great information.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #10336
I like the American Eagle plows, my next blade with be the 66" V-plow they offer. For me personally I like that the Eagle plows are also a local company. I had one a few years ago, broke a small part and had the replacement the next day. I kept the old part and welded it up as a spare but never needed it. IMO when it comes to plows heavy is good, it keeps the blade from wanting to ride up.

2014 Black Pearl Rzr XP 1K (stock for now)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris XP

Search tags for this page
2012 polaris sportsman 850 xp plows
2013 polaris sportsman 850 xp ho snow plow

atv polaris blade 850 xp

atv snowplow 850 eagle

best plow for sportsman xp

blade attachment for 2010 xp polaris

images of 2013 polaris 850xp with moose quick attach plow

moose plow and mounting for polaris xp 850

moose snow plow for polaris 850

polaris sportsman 850 snow plow

snow plow for 850xp

whats best snowplow for 850xp

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.