Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris XP

Polaris XP The Polaris XP Forum. Discussions covering the new Polaris Sportsman XP 850/550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Member #19344
junk

i just wanted to share my recent expierence with polaris with anyone that wants good solid info! my 100 lb wife rides a 2011 polaris 850xt.. she is a beginner so needless to say not an agressive rider! she was doin about 15 mph in soft sand, turned left to get on the harder sand trail when during the left turn the front lower right a arm tore into at the weld.. that in turn broke the upper right ball joint as well!! great to deal with in the middle of knowhere! got it to a polaris dealer w a whopping 13 hours on it! they denied the warranty claiming a small rub on the wheel was to blaim!! i ride a 800 can am that i have rolled down a hard steep dirt hill and didnt break a thing! go can am!! th polaris would have been in pieces without a doubt.. thanks for standing behind your machines polaris.. great job.. guess u get what u pay for.. DONT BUY POLARIS
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
So I gotta ask, because you left it out. Not that I am expecting you to respond anyway.

Stock tires or aftermarket tires?

Seems like it would be a straight forward warranty claim. Possibly you got a bad dealer there. Aftermarket tires could have been a factor in their "rub" claim. If you have stock tires, I would say try your warranty claim with another dealer, or fight harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owgac1 View Post
i ride a 800 can am that i have rolled down a hard steep dirt hill and didnt break a thing! go can am!! th polaris would have been in pieces without a doubt

You should have left this out. This outlandish claim shows you like to exaggerate the truth a lot, and really ruins the credibility of your story. With and outlandish claim like that, its hard to take anything you say seriously.

Enjoy your Canned Ham. They are well know for the frame breaking.

Last edited by blueline15; 10-06-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Member #19344
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline15 View Post
So I gotta ask, because you left it out. Not that I am expecting you to respond anyway.

Stock tires or aftermarket tires?

Seems like it would be a straight forward warranty claim. Possibly you got a bad dealer there. Aftermarket tires could have been a factor in their "rub" claim. If you have stock tires, I would say try your warranty claim with another dealer, or fight harder.

Quote:
i ride a 800 can am that i have rolled down a hard steep dirt hill and didnt break a thing! go can am!! th polaris would have been in pieces without a doubt

You should have left this out. This outlandish claim shows you like to exaggerate the truth a lot, and really ruins the credibility of your story. With and outlandish claim like that, its hard to take anything you say seriously.

Enjoy your Canned Ham. They are well know for the frame breaking.
not an outlandish claim at all.. im certainly not a liar.. as far as exaggerated your a fool and i have the injuries to prove it! so.. prob ur best interest to keep ur obviously ignorant comments to yourself.. this polaris fell apart w a 100 lb women riding it 15 mph period.. and yes the can am costs a lil more but its all together!! you must think your an attourney!! lmao
Old 10-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Question

Quote:

not an outlandish claim at all.. im certainly not a liar.. as far as exaggerated your a fool and i have the injuries to prove it! so.. prob ur best interest to keep ur obviously ignorant comments to yourself.. this Polaris fell apart w a 100 lb women riding it 15 mph period.. and yes the can am costs a lil more but its all together!! you must think your an attorney!! lmao
Sorry to hear,

I am wondering why you would bother to join the forum, just to post a negative comment. You must realize you will need to back up the claims with pics...

So, can you provide some pics? I would also like to see this hill you rolled down and what the machine looked like... Cause there isn't a set of handle bars, or fender brackets made then will not bend when ANY quad tumbles/rolls down a hill...

As for the damage, if it looks like something you caused, the dealer will have your story under the micro scope. Obviously he came to the same conclusion the previous posters did here... This story is complete, Bravo Sierra...

CW
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal 12V plug. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Next mods: Thor fender flairs & 800 Head pipes.

CALL Thor @ www.TheATVSuperStore.com - 815-321-3888

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Last edited by cwlongshot; 10-06-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #14376
owgac1
Goodbye, just go away quietly on your CA. Nobody cares. Anybody heard of an 850 XT???
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
Quote:
not an outlandish claim at all.. im certainly not a liar.. as far as exaggerated your a fool and i have the injuries to prove it! so.. prob ur best interest to keep ur obviously ignorant comments to yourself.. this polaris fell apart w a 100 lb women riding it 15 mph period.. and yes the can am costs a lil more but its all together!! you must think your an attourney!! lmao
No, you are a troll. You and your opinions have zero credibility here. I am sorry to hear you were injured. Thats never fun. Hopefully you have recovered from them. But that still doesnt buy you any credibility. Forum trolls are always the same. I noticed you didnt bother to answer my original questions?!?!? Would you, please?

Again, warranty approval or denial has everything to do with how complete the claim was made by the dealer. If they left any parts out, or didnt explain something well, it always gets denied. Doesnt mean the same claim cant be tried again.

Now, as far as this fools obviously ignorant comments, the reason you have no credibility is for the reasons CW listed below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
You must realize you will need to back up the claims with pics...
Quote:
I would also like to see this hill you rolled down and what the machine looked like... Cause there isn't a set of handle bars, or fender brackets made then will not bend when ANY quad tumbles/rolls down a hill...
He pretty much hit the nail on the head there. You joined to troll the forums with your disgust with your machine. Fine, its okay to not like the machine, and never by a polaris again.

But you did not join to say "hey guys, got this machine, had this happen, warranty was denied, why? what can I do?" Had you worded it that way, I, and most of the forum, probably would have tried to help you. Any regular forum member here can attest that I go the extra mile with trying to help people understand the warranty process with Polaris, as I have a few years of experience in a dealership.

You however, joined as a troll to give a one-side story with no proof or credibility, and thus, I responded to your childish rant as trolls should be responded too.

Now with all that said: Hope your injuries heal, things work out, and you end up with a machine you and your wife and can enjoy this sport with. I dont care what brand it is, just as long as you are enjoying what you are doing together with your time on this planet. Hope your wife isnt too freaked out by the incident. I do not hold grudges and I am sure as a person you are good guy to hang with. But your internet persona needs some work.

Cheers.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Member #19344
Quote:
Quote:

not an outlandish claim at all.. im certainly not a liar.. as far as exaggerated your a fool and i have the injuries to prove it! so.. prob ur best interest to keep ur obviously ignorant comments to yourself.. this Polaris fell apart w a 100 lb women riding it 15 mph period.. and yes the can am costs a lil more but its all together!! you must think your an attorney!! lmao
Sorry to hear,

I am wondering why you would bother to join the forum, just to post a negative comment. You must realize you will need to back up the claims with pics...

So, can you provide some pics? I would also like to see this hill you rolled down and what the machine looked like... Cause there isn't a set of handle bars, or fender brackets made then will not bend when ANY quad tumbles/rolls down a hill...

As for the damage, if it looks like something you caused, the dealer will have your story under the micro scope. Obviously he came to the same conclusion the previous posters did here... This story is complete, Bravo Sierra...

CW
i wasnt injured from th pos polaris.. it was rolling the can am that didnt break period.. some idiot says u cant roll a 4 wheeler down a hill without tearing it up well he must just own polaris himself.. rofl.. like i said i finished the day on my can am.. after the hill incident and airing the tire back up.. back to the polaris, ill state it again have u ever seen a a arm tear into at the weld??? not bend and break, TEAR.. th answer for those of u who r so intelligent is no.... if u r one of the rare ones that have like myself, then u no that makes it a defect.. yes i am on here to bash polaris for selling a weak piece of epuipment that they cant stand behind the workmanship. and yes they do have pics at polaris of this nonsense thats whats so bad.. imagin grabbing ur a arm tube and trying to pull the tube straight into.. huh..
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #16953
Quote:
and yes they do have pics at polaris of this nonsense thats whats so bad.. imagin grabbing ur a arm tube and trying to pull the tube straight into.. huh..
So then, do as others have asked and post them here!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Member #16703
I call BS on you rolling over your Can Am and nothing happened to it.
I don't care what 4X4 quad you have.
If they roll over, there will be some serious damage do to how heavy they are.

I for 1 bought a 2010 Polaris Sportsman 850, and, I have to say, it is the best 4X4 I have ever owned.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #3687
It's no where not knowhere. XT Polaris? You have a rare atv that has never been made. Get real an atv flipped and rolled and no damage. What u been smokin?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris XP

Search tags for this page
can am or dealer approved warranty claims
is polaris junk
junk polaris atv
polaris are junk
polaris atv junk
polaris atvs are junk
polaris atvs junk

polaris is junk

polaris junk

polaris sportsman 500 junk
polaris xp cheap junk
polarisatv junk
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.