Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris XP

Polaris XP The Polaris XP Forum. Discussions covering the new Polaris Sportsman XP 850/550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #14566
New Tires fo my 850 XP

I got my new Kenda Bearclaw HTR Radials yesterday. Awesome ride in the woods, smooth and no shake at high speed. Im running 5 pounds in them right now but thinking Im gonna drop a pound or so. So far Im very impressed with them. Actually pulled a wheelie in a fairly deep mudhole. Not overly aggressive tread at about 7/8's deep tread. They measured over 26 inches tall at 5 psi. I would actually say there closer to 26.5. There was enough difference that my speedo changed from the stock tires. You can feel the gap between lugs up till about 5 mph on pavenent, then its gone. They weighed in at 32 pounds front and 37 rear with stock steel wheels. Not overly heavy for a 8 ply tire and I just cant say enough about the ride quality!! I only rode about 8 miles but this weekend I will put them to the test and have more feedback. So far I will say they are well worth the money and the craftsmanship seems to be excellent!!! The only complaint I have is the bright name tage on the sidewall. Maybe a permanent marker will fix it!
Attached Thumbnails
New Tires fo my 850 XP-bear-claws.jpg   New Tires fo my 850 XP-bear-claws-6.jpg   New Tires fo my 850 XP-bear-claws-5.jpg   New Tires fo my 850 XP-bear-claws-3.jpg   New Tires fo my 850 XP-bear-claws-2.jpg  

Lock and ride front box
QuadBoss rear box

2001 500 HO
Polaris Winch
26" Mudlite XTR's
on ITP Wheels

Last edited by lod666ftw; 07-19-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #6567
Bike looks great with those tires. My buddy runs the same tires and they have been awesome. Many miles with no flats and show little wear - they should serve you well.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #208
Thumbs up

Look good! Def a large wide tire...

Awesome about your initial review. Looking forward to more...

biz
2011 Sportsman 550 Touring EPS -- Wifie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sold 2009 Sportsman XP 850 Sold
Purchase date: May 2009
Sold date: December 2010
======== ===========
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #14376
Looks great. I see what you mean about the name on the sidewalls. Just need to get out in the rocks and scuff it up a little, get the new, shiney off of em.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #14566
Well I rode last night for about 30 miles and today for 60 miles. I now have just about 100 miles on them and the only thing I keep saying is how smooth they ride. I just cant get over how well they work in everything I have rode on and through. I havent found any terrian they dont do well in yet. I realize they are not a full blown mud tire but they seem to dig pretty good and clean out well. I have to say that im extremely impressed with these tires!!! I only have two complaints with them, the goofy tire name and marking in orange and white on the sidewall and the fact that my speedo has changed. These tires are really tall compared to my stock and my sedona ripsaws that I have had on it or they ran really small. I put a tape next to them with a staight edge on top and they are really clost to 27 inches with 4 and a half pounds of air. Never measured the stocks or ripsaws but my speedo didnt change before, now it seems to be close to 6 or 7 mph off. I ran in low range and I would hit rev limiter at just over 40 mph and now its no more then 35. I havent noticed any chunking on sharp edges and they seem to be made of a hard compound. Hell the tits are still on them after 100 miles. They seem to have great all around traction. I rode them in rocks, hard packed trails, some mud and even tried to get them to slide around in the wet grass (my yard lol) when I got home at 1 am last night. Just hooked up and wife wasnt happy this morning!!!! I have to say after 100 miles Im even more impressed then my first impression 5 days ago. Gotta a big ride coming up next saturday with 15 or so of my buddies so Im sure I will have some more info on them soon.
Lock and ride front box
QuadBoss rear box

2001 500 HO
Polaris Winch
26" Mudlite XTR's
on ITP Wheels

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris Model Specific Discussions > Polaris XP

Search tags for this page

2012 polaris 850 xp with kenda bear claw htr

26 vs 27 inch kenda bearclaw htr

27 inch kenda bear claw

bear claw htr

kenda bearclaw htr for sale

kenda bearclaw htr polaris

kenda bearclaw htr test

kenda bearclaw htr vs maxxis bighorn

kenda bearclaw measurement

maxxis bighown or kenda bearclaw htr

polaris 850 with kenda bear claw

tires for xp 850

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.