Three (3) times now !!

When i take it in for regular maintenance they find water in the front diff
and they tell me the gears are worn and it needs to be rebuilt or replaced

Warranty has covered the first two (2) times

The question to everyone is has this ever happen to anyone and if so
where was the water getting in ??

I have never been over the tires in water so we will say for the record
up to a max of 26" of water

And the last time in they did change the drive shaft from the trans to the front diff

:bam:

#4 ·
Me and my buddy both have 2010 touring 850, did not ride them last winter and when i went to start them in the spring both atv had a puddle of oil under the bikes, brought them in at the dealer and they told me the seal from the shaft to the front diff. were cracked and when the water in the seal frozed it opened the crack even more... so i guess the still have that problem...

#6 ·
It seems to me if water can get in a bad seal, fluid should should be leaking out. Have you noticed any fluid leaking around the seals or what looks like it is damp in the area of the seals when the wheeler is dry? I rerouted all my vent tubes into the light pod. I had water in the tranny 1 time on Greeny so i followed the vent tube & the factory had it tucked in the radiator cowling!!!!!
After moving the vent tubes on both wheelers I've had no more problems. This could be how the water is getting your front diff!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.