Originally Posted by jbanks
what color are your plastics i have camo ones and want a solid color. would be interested in trade if you want factory camo
Darn, wish I would have seen this before.... I should check more often. My 850 was Black before I wrapped it. I have attached a few pics for review.
Final Install thoughts and suggestions, wrapped the 850XP using Camo4U Mossy Oak "Break Up" pattern, it's a 3M vinly laminate product. Bought a 5X10 single sheet and glad I did because all I have left is 1 foot square.
* it is a little easier to wrap with all the plastic "OFF" the machine. Having said that, I left the rear section on the machine and removed the rest.
* really helps to have 2 people doing this job, one person pulls and stretches and smooths out the wrinkles while the 2nd person applys heat with the heat gun.
+ the heat gun is your friend, apply a little too much and YOU WILL burn thru the material.
* if you are a perfectionist this job is NOT for you, the 850 is full of corners, and about every contour imaginable and you can only do so much no matter how good you are.
* Project took me 15 hours from start to finish but in all fairness I installed the front cargo box and re-installed the warn remote receiver into the cargo box which meant cutting a small hole in the bottom of the box to run the cable and connector plug.
* you will get wrinkles... just a fact of life, it's really a matter of making sure they don;t tear and that they are kept small. Wrappling around the gas cap was a PITA.
* overall very happy with it, would not want to do this again for a long time, can be a very frustrating experience just make sure you have plenty of beer and take your time.