Polaris ATV Forum banner

Removed stabilizer Bar

11K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  asbuilt 
#1 ·
Pulled my Stabilizer bar off last weekend!

And

WOW

I have a new love for how my machine rides!. Between the HD springs, and the unhooked bar, it floats like a cloud!

The handling feels like absolute crap now with a ton of body roll. But imo it is a great trade off for how awesome it rides. Since I do easy trail riding for the most part, the bad handling doesn't really affect me.

So if you haven't done it, try it! Just be very careful your first ride out!

#2 ·
Lol, kinda late to that party with all the past talk and threads regarding it.

Theres 2 times that it sucks removed/detached
Towing/hauling
Spirited riding

Other than that all positives

#3 ·
You'll get used to the body roll, to the point that you won't even notice it at all, unless you try to do donuts or go for a high speed, winding ride.

#4 ·
Invent a quick disconnect like the Jeep Rubicon/Ram PW and you'll be a rich man.

#7 ·
#5 ·
How bad is the body roll with your highlifter springs? I've been really thinking about taking mine off as well, those highlifter springs are pretty damn stiff so I kind of thought it wouldn't roll too bad?

#6 ·
I removed my bar and I have the HD springs. For trail work it's great. I can still kick the rear around to turn tighter. But on typical turns you'll slow down. The roll was there before the removal, just more pronounced after the removal.

I happy to say goodbye to the bar.

#8 ·
Even with my highlifter springs it rolls the body pretty hard ! Granted that is with my gf on the back. I haven't tried it solo yet.

I'm already getting used to it. It's kind of funny how even though the body rolls, it still feels more stable. I used to turn sharp and one of my rear wheels would come off the ground. My gf is in love with that atv all over again!

#9 ·
Definately makes them ride alot softer being able to independently follow terrain. Just wish trail riding it wasnt like a fat girl- "squisshy".

#10 ·
so tempted to pull the trigger and do this !!!! But I like to ride fast. :racer:

#11 ·
You can remove the end links in about ten minutes. Zip tie the bar up and put of the way, reinstall is quick if you want to reconnect

#13 ·
If you decide to do it...it has its place but spirited riding is definately not one of them...but start slow and work into the speed thing since it dramatically affects high speed handleing.

Saturday we were forging new trails again so i took my quick link out, got to be the end of the day and we were at timber with trails we've ridden since kids so it was a sprint back just about as hard as we could go....only took a couple corners with my butthole puckered to keep in under 20mph. Itll pucker you up first time ya do it, and id forgotten how bad it was since we have been doing mostly work and exploring past 3 months...been awhile since we got after it and whew...no more fast rides without it lol.

#14 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep you posted on if I'll take the plunge.

Sent from Samsung-Note4

#15 ·
If your doing slow group rides on groomed trails or slow riding on any type of terrain, it is literally THE best ride and the best thing you can do so machine can do all the work..youll feel like your riding on a cloud on rough/rutty stuff.

Just not good for fast....at all...which is y i made my own quick connect, the link has its place and being able to pull a hair pin to suite conditions is priceless.

#16 ·
Can you post a pic IHI ??

Sent from Samsung-Note4

#17 ·
Theres a link on page 1 of this thread post #7

#18 ·
Thanks HIH.

Sent from Samsung-Note4

#19 ·
I'll throw out a quick update.

Still have the bar off with no I'll effects. I have virtually no squat in the back with my HL springs.

I am so used to the handling now, I don't even notice it! Possibly the best mod I have done yet !

#20 ·
Yeah, guy cant beat the price of it:)

#21 ·
Removal

I did the total sway bar removal the other day and finally got out for a ride yesterday up in the Danskin Mountain and what a difference! Wish I did this mod sooner.

#22 ·
I did the total sway bar removal the other day and finally got out for a ride yesterday up in the Danskin Mountain and what a difference! Wish I did this mod sooner.
Turns the machine into a sure-footed billy goat!

#23 ·
I totally agree the sway bar was a waste of steel. I removed mine 3 years ago when I installed the Outkast 3" lift and even if there were mounts on the new A-arms there is no way I'd put it back on. I still ride just as fast as I would with it, sure the bike rolls more, but it really stays planted and keeps all 4 tires on the ground better. Once you are used to extra lean with no sway bar I can't imagine ever wanting it back.

#25 ·
I will check. I'll get back to you later today.

#27 ·
Looks like I have everything. PM me your address and I'll mail everything but the sway bar.

#28 ·
Im holding on to mine sorry!

#30 ·
Two big Thumbs Up for that! :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:

#31 ·
I know this is a bit of a dead thread, but wanted to check in with those who have removed their bars.

Those that have removed the rear sway bar, is your bar still removed?

Has anyone reconnected it, if so, why?

Everyone still happy with it removed?

Which you had not taken the bar off?

#32 ·
Mine is still off, never to return...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.