Polaris ATV Forum banner

Anyone know gopro's ?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  IHI 
#1 · (Edited)
Doing some test videos a while back and for some reason my video jumps in and out of resolution it looks like..anyone know why?

#2 ·
Looks like it has turetts syndrome...or maybe its just cold and getting the shivers?

What are you running for resolution and fps? Cant remem er exactly without looking but i googled best settings for atv use and think they were 720 and 30fps

Get it too high res and it gets quirkey

#3 ·
Yes i was running it high at 1080/60fps. Going to try 720/30fps.

#4 ·
Bet that'll fix it right up

#5 · (Edited)
i'm thinking it has more to do with your memory card than FPS or it's a combination of both. to get good results at higher resolution, you'll need a good class 10 memory card with good transfer rates. the Sandisk Extreme, Extreme Plus and Extreme Pro are the 3 best you will find with the Extreme Pro being the best. i'm thinking your current card just isn't able to process the data fast enough as it is being sent to the card. if you already have either of the 3 cards that i mentioned, make sure it is authentic. i've seen a lot of complaints in the reviews on amazon where people received counterfeit cards directly from amazon. there is a lot of info on the web on how to spot the fake ones.

EDIT: i also should point out that although you'll likely get better results following the advice IHI gave, you will not be using your GoPro to to its fullest or even modest ability. it is kind of pointless to buy a camera that is capable of recording in 1080, only to record in 720. i've been recording in 1080/30fps and have zero issues. i haven't tried 1080/60 fps yet but i plan to the next time i use it.

#7 ·
this is what im using.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
HI, Like SportsmanXP1000 says it could be the speed of the memory car , I would suggest to RESET the camera from the setting menu. I have a GOpro4 I think you have a Gopro3? The setting I'm using is 760super wide at 60 frames /sec and I do not have any problem. I think you can upgrade the firmware with a patch for your camera.

#8 ·
I think you can upgrade the firmware with a patch for your camera.
i just did the latest update for my camera does that cover that? if not could you explain it to someone with a 10 year old knowledge of camera's? LMAO.

#9 ·
so now i noticed the original file played on the computer doesnt do it, seems like this will be hard to figure out. now would uploading it from a computer thats to old to handle playing the video cause the issue?

#11 ·
I put the file from my gopro onto computer then use it. Is it better to insert the sd card into the computer?

#12 ·
Ive done it both ways and saw zero difference, just easier to plug gopro into puter for me vs digging to find sd adapter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.