Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22236
South West GA Ride

Anybody want to try to organize a ride soon in Albany? My buddies and I usually ride from Paul Eames Sports Complex to Radium Springs road following the river and then head back. It's about a 5-ish hour ride. Sometimes we cross the road and ride the alleys to the sand dunes. ends up about 7 hours. There's plenty of everything you would want to ride except rock. Mud, trails, sand, water.

My normal group consists of 3 quads
sportsman 500- me and the GF
sportsman 400- my friend and his GF
rancher 350 - another friend and his GF

we have rode with groups of up to 12 ATV's, ended up about 18 people total. We're good with any size group.

Not trying to organize any kind of event. I just want to get some folks together who want to have a good day of riding, and possibly make some new riding buddies.

The Rules:
Bring your own provisions, drinks, snacks, etc.
pack in, pack out.
be respectful of other riders.
do not ride outside of your skill level.
basically just don't be a jack ass.
nobody wants to ride with a jerk.

So if any of y'all want to get together one (or more) weekend(s) and ride with us post up and let me know.
Any questions or concerns just ask.

thanks.
Blake

'96 Polaris Sprtsman 500 on 27" mud bugs on black ITP steelies.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22236
bumpppppppppppppppppp

Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 PM

Member #15584
Where is this place at? I live in Valdosta and may be interested. What about my buddy bringing his jeep? Sounds like it could be an awesome time.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fs0xzs
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22236
it's about an hour and a half 90 miles from valdosta. i attended vsu for a little bit and drove from valdosta to albany just about every weekend.

this isnt a park. its just where everybody goes to ride. where everybody has rode for as long as i know of. my dad and his friends rode out there in the 70's and 80's and ive ridden out there my entire life.

the trail i'm talking about riding is more atv oriented. too tight for a jeep or truck but the main area has lots of room to wheel a truck or jeep. I have been out there many times in a truck and its a sure bet to see a few out there every weekend.

google maps blaylock street, albany GA or Paul Eames sports complex, albany GA

the main area I was talking about for wheeling the jeep is the square between the river, liberty expressway, blaylock street and paul eames sports complex.

the trail runs under liberty expressway and more or less follows the river south all the way past albany state university. crosses radium springs and heads ~north east to the "big" sand dunes. we dont ride to the big dunes too much. most of the time we get to radium springs and turn around to head back to blaylock. there is a set of small dunes at blaylock and another small set between blaylock and albany state.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Member #15584
Man this place sounds pretty cool. I will have to make sure its a goo weekend to go first. I'm military so my weekends aren't always guaranteed. But as far as the jeep thing he really wants to go but I guess maybe we will just have to check it out. Let me know when u plan on going again and I will see what we can do here
Old 04-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22236
we usually try to get out there every weekend unless a four wheeler is broken. my polaris is going to be down for this coming weekend. it's ride-able as is but there's some loose ends i want to tie up before i get out there again. so we're planning on the next weekend.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Member #15584
Well I will tell to my buddy and see if he would wanna go out there. Is the riding too difficult for my daughter and her 90? She loves to ride with me and she would probably get mad if I didn't ask her to go lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1s2uqr
Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22236
some of the trail gets kinda technical and can get pretty rough. there are places on the trail that my old 250 recon struggled to get up. but there is a lot she can ride in that main square i was talking about earlier. the first obstacle going under the bridge on the trail can be tricky.

we can get to it, let you see it and make a decision on wether or not you think it's in her ability. if you decide on the trail that something may be a little difficult for her we can head back to the trucks, lock up the 90 and she could ride double with you if youre not riding double already.

it might be best if you come out and ride with us to check the difficulty of everything before you bring her. i dont mean to sound like i'm doubting her skill level bc ive seen kids that will out ride any grown man i've met, but the 90 might be underpowered.

Last edited by Blake.; 04-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Member #15584
Yea I was thinking of just going without her first. She is a decent rider and doesn't like to get to ballsy. Lol but I would really love to head out there man. Like I said, let me know and I will see when I can head out there. My buddy will come with me in his jeep. His jeep isn't stock and he isn't afraid to push it past it's limits. Lol I did google map it and it does look badass. Is that entire area good for riding or is there alot of off limits areas?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?aixcpn
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #22236
i'm just worried that 90 may not have enough umph out on that trail. but it would be right at home in the main square. your friend with the jeep will have a good bit to ride in the main area. theres a little bit of everything out there except rocks. (thankfully lol) but he will not fit down the trails. it gets tight at times for razors. does he have a quad to bring for when we head down the trail?
there's not anywhere that i know of that's off limits. just dont ride on the baseball fields lol its not an off-road park, just
where everyone in the area goes to ride.

but like i said we try to get out every weekend unless we have a broke four wheeler. this weekend is no good. my popo is down and its easter and my birthday. we're aiming for the next weekend.

Last edited by Blake.; 04-03-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > ATV Clubs, ATV Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Search tags for this page

albany ga blaylock atv trails

atv parks in southwest ga
atv trails albany ga

atv trails in albany ga

atv trails in southwest ga

atv trails southwest georgia
blaylock atv
blaylock atv park

free atv trails west ga

places to ride 4 wheelers near albany ga
places to ride atvs in albany ga
places to ride atvs in columbus ga
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.