Polaris ATV Forum banner

Help with A-Arm guards.

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Phearless 
#1 ·
Hey All,
So I have a 18' 850 SP with the arched a-arms. I ordered front and rear guards off of Babbitts that they said would fit. Part # 288067 and Part # 2880644.

These seem to be for flat arms and I'm not sure they fit my vehicle. I don't want to completely tear the packaging apart that holds all the bolts and nuts if I have to return them. After some more searching it seems like these are for the xp regular a-arms and don't actually fit my quad.

Can anyone offer any input into this? Is there a part number for the arched ones? Do I need to go totally aftermarket?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Thanks, I have started the refund policy, if they won't I am going to be upset since their website lists them as fitting and I haven't tried to install them yet.

I will check out the Ricochet ones! I can't believe Polaris is turning down such a simple money maker accessory.

#4 ·
@polman500 looking at their site, do you know if the set they give you when you order a full skid plate kit are the same as the separate a-arms they sell? From the pictures it's hard to tell but it looks like they might be different. I don't want to order one and then not be able to add on later if I want. Or I guess maybe I should just order a whole set.

#9 ·
Same problem here. I ordered mine from Rocky Mountain. They said they would fit.
They didn’t. They told me I had s highlighter, I told them nope, I know what kind of bike I have. I think it is a problem with Polaris parts listings though.
I ended up getting the iron Baltic. I prefer the plastic over the aluminum. They are very beefy and recommend if you are wanting plastic .
I ordered mine through, body armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 · (Edited)
I think it isn't Polaris, they don't list our bikes as working with those a-arms. They even discontinued the product and have it on super sale on their website, so I don't think it's their fault. These other sites (and apparently some dealers) just didn't update or care, it's a multiple year old issue at this point and they don't seem like they are going to change. I should hear back Babbitts today hopefully, but I haven't really had a good experience with them so far. Horrible at communication and haven't returned an email ever. When I called they said I have to do everything online and can't do it over the phone...Not going to use them ever again, but people on here recommended them for some reason. I would encourage anyone to avoid them.

Edit: Babbitts is taking them back and providing shipping labels. Worked out in the end. Still not the easiest place I've ordered from and will try others in the future.

I emailed the guys at Ricochete about the plastic vs aluminum and he said Aluminum was better for the arms for a lot of reasons without mentioning any of them. It's also something I don't agree with after seeing proof of both types of skids used in the real world. Aluminum is for when you want to look good but not use it IMO. But he doesn't sell the plastics separately from the whole skid package so I think that's why he recommended it...

I dunno, I think Iron Baltic it will be, not sure where I will order from. And hopefully babbitts responds today so I can start the refund move forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.