Polaris ATV Forum - View Single Post - Separate Front from Rear Brake? 04 Sportsman 600
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
HawkX66
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stave7119 View Post
I don't know where you are riding, but I have ridden a lot of miles on these machines including a 2004 sportsman 600 and never lost the brakes. This system has been in use since Polaris started making ATVs so I don't see the need to change it. Make sure your brake lines are in good shape and protect them as best you can then go riding!
I'm not just talking from a loss of brake issue, but that is still an issue. I've put many thousands of miles on all sorts of machines. Harleys that I've built from the frame up to a Hayabusa. Camaros, Mercedes, F350 trucks, snowmobiles and more than 30 different dirt bikes over the 40 years that I've actually been ripping up the dirt and pavement. My last off road bike was a KTM 300 2 stroke. This is my first real quad though. I just don't like the Polaris brake system. I want to be able to use the rear brake separate from the front brakes. They should be two separate systems IMO.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome