Polaris ATV Forum banner

Sportsman 570 vs 800

45K views 89 replies 21 participants last post by  infernored 
#1 ·
Im ready to retire my Foreman and for the price looks like Polaris cant be beat, Ive been talking to a dealer and looks like I can get the 570 for $5400 ($6000 w/ EPS) both OTD and 800 for $6200 OTD. Ive been lurking and searching on here for the past couple days and found a similar thread, but it was right as the 570 came out and I want to see if there's any new opinions?
Looking at them, this is the pro's and con's Ive been finding:

800 Pro's-
-You get a tried and tested machine that works
-More powerful engine
-Better working capabilities (plowing, towing)
Cons-
-Ergonomics are different (wider seat), maybe not a con, but different.
-Worse MPG
-A smaller gas tank
-From what I gather, a transmission thats not as good at putting power to the ground as the 570's
-Older plastic rack system

570 Pro's
-Improved Ergonomics
-Great MPG's
-Torquey, power engine for being a single cylinder
-Better Transmission
-Better Rack System
-EPS available

Con's
-Less Powerful Engine
-Not tried and true, new platform to the sportsman (I realize they've been in the Razor for a year or two now)

Now looking at the list, it looks like the 570 is the winner, but I do work my 4 wheeler hard, and Im thinking thats why Id like the 800, also being its got the cool factor of a big bore v-twin. But I trail ride here in the Georgia Mountains, and Ive got property in Iowa, where I plow snow, till plots, and tow a trailer. Ive towed 1800lbs with my Foreman Rubicon, not the smartest, but it was a trailer full of a trunk of a recently fallen oak tree, and I was towing on flat ground and going about a 1/4 mile.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

See less See more
#89 ·
It sure did. Lol. I figured as much so I was just getting u up to speed. Hope fully we get some good info back on the stock bikes and then they can put some qsc kits on and really start enjoying those rides.

#88 ·
Heheee

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

#90 ·
Just my 02 cents. Congrats on your new machine, and congrats to your buddy for his new machine. I looked at the 570 and the 800 extremely hard, to me they are both great machines and both have plenty of power for whatever you want to do. Be happy with your purchase slap on some aftermarket goodies and enjoy. My dad is in the same boat right now about choosing between

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.